Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta testing open to all with next update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last month? Yawn.

this is nhtsa’s response to NTSB:
In the past, NHTSA has hesitated to regulate automated driving systems from the likes of Tesla, GM, Volvo, and a bevy of other automakers and tech companies including Amazon’s Zoox, Alphabet’s Waymo and a number of start-ups.

The agency’s Deputy Administrator James Owens has said he did not want to “stymie innovation” with premature regulation. Instead, the agency left the task mostly to states.

Reactions: empiredown
You untangle it, then. How about a gentleman's bet that by 3/17, there will be no beta button on FSD equipped Tesla vehicles?

I ain’t taking that bet. It’s more likely than not there will be no button, but not because of some CNBC article. Elon always misses his deadlines.

Btw, that news article is recycled news. We heard about it last month. I am pretty sure there was a teslarati article about it.

I ain’t taking that bet. It’s more likely than not there will be no button, but not because of some CNBC article. Elon always misses his deadlines.

Btw, that news article is recycled news. We heard about it last month. I am pretty sure there was a teslarati article about it.
It's not a CNBC article. It's a criticism from a federal agency.

Federal agencies move slowly, but NHTSA has the ability to crack down on FSD beta.

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
Hey guys it was a series of tweets. the basis is this -- he is INCREASING the beta - and first said -- hey let us know if you ant to be considered. Then -- they were inundated with requests on his tweet. They pulled it back by saying -- they are going to write software and provide the button. The button will advise Tesla that you want to be considered for the expanded beta. Not everyone will get the expanded beta. How many? Criteria? Nobody knows. Its the way Tesla rolls. So - watch for the button........

It's not fair for a long time customers since October 2016 and later who paid it first to have no say on why they are waiting around. Tesla should offer the program to the ones who paid it first.

It is naive not to expect that after paying $10,000, Tesla would not be "inundated" with the demand for FSD beta.

on the other hand you only paid 5K for fsd while newcomers have had to pay 10k. Why shouldn’t they get it first? They paid more for it.