Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta v10.11.2 - Here We Go Again!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD Beta v10.11.2 was released today (04/04/22) it the first batch has already been released to over 400 drivers via 3rd Party API services as of this post. The rollout is targeting a mix of USA and Canada drivers.

This may likely be another limited release or it may cover another wave of drivers who missed the last couple updates.

• Informative
Reactions: GranularHail
Yup.. This may be a "woops we screwed up on the last one", type of update patch.
Maybe, but I think it's part of a changed strategy we're seeing lately. My theory is they are trying to get away from the "two steps forward, one step back" we've seen on lots of releases. I suspect they recognize that if they ever get to true robot taxis (above ground), any steps back aren't acceptable. So even though they are far from robotaxis today, they are establishing processes that are robotaxi-ready, and they are only releasing wide after even more thoroughly de-bugging issues.

Reactions: Massive Attack
Isn't this how all of the releases were supposed to go? Slow roll out, look for issues. If none found, continue. If something is discovered, stop and wait for the next release. I think the slow pace of the last few is the norm and the anomaly was the rapid 2 week pace of the first few releases.

Still, can't wait to get it :)

There's a tendency here to believe that if an FSD beta firmware fails to achieve wide release that it must contain some terrible flaw that is both patently obvious and poses a safety hazard. That fact that the members of the narrow release cohort don't rant about the release points to more subtle issues. Much of the firmware updating done by Tesla may focus on narrow problems, those that may affect certain models or more recently differences between the US and Canada.

We only can hold the tip of the elephant's tail in a totally dark room.

There's a tendency here to believe that if an FSD beta firmware fails to achieve wide release that it must contain some terrible flaw that is both patently obvious and poses a safety hazard. That fact that the members of the narrow release cohort don't rant about the release points to more subtle issues. Much of the firmware updating done by Tesla may focus on narrow problems, those that may affect certain models or more recently differences between the US and Canada.

We only can hold the tip of the elephant's tail in a totally dark room.
That explains the smell.

• Funny
Reactions: X-pilot and 101dals
These recent updates have not been open to US cars in the FSD Beta queue. Especially for newer model cars. For instance, I have been nursing a 100 SS on my '22 SP and I have not been able to locate any similar model years on Teslafi or Teslascope.

That said, If the idea is to run limited test, but with a pool of cars that is representative of all their entire fleet, I can't grasp why it doesn't actually include the entire fleet.

These recent updates have not been open to US cars in the FSD Beta queue. Especially for newer model cars. For instance, I have been nursing a 100 SS on my '22 SP and I have not been able to locate any similar model years on Teslafi or Teslascope.

That said, If the idea is to run limited test, but with a pool of cars that is representative of all their entire fleet, I can't grasp why it doesn't actually include the entire fleet.
MSP here as well. Remember, the volume of 3/Y dwarfs S/Y.

All I know is that I have not received an update in over 2 months. I’m stuck on 10.2, which is pretty damn buggy. It likes to cross over into oncoming traffic, and cut cars off on left turns. I feel abandoned.
I hear and agree with your complaints about 10.10.2, but don't feel abandoned. Most U.S. FSD Beta testers are still with you on 10.10.2. Only a small percentage went to the 10.11.X line.

Tesla's poor communications and lack of visibility is very frustrating. It is tough to comprehend their statements about the need for large volumes of real data ( especially fails) required to train their nets only to see them severely limit the number of owners they release new firmware to. Seems like they may have hit a wall on improvement progress.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Tesla's poor communications and lack of visibility is very frustrating. It is tough to comprehend their statements about the need for large volumes of real data ( especially fails) required to train their nets only to see them severely limit the number of owners they release new firmware to. Seems like they may have hit a wall on improvement progress.
It does seem that way, based on no shill reports from 10.3 thru 10.11.2