Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Just to add on checking software for updates. Unless you are in the queue it is only placebo. It seems to only be useful in small point bug fix releases that are not rolled out slowly. On a major rollout like we are getting (probably the biggest version release in Beta ever) checking will just be "anticipation" and "disappointment" at best.

EDIT: Of course having said that I did check mine this morning. 🤣

But if you do the "praise be to Elon" 🕺dance 5x around your car before you check then it may work.

Were you an og tester, 100% safety score, or got beta after safety score ended?
Or a youtuber?
Neither...

I had fsd beta after it was opened to 98% safety score.
I have never ever gotten a patch early.. this is the first time.

The merged stack is amazing.. car did much better even on highways. One issue - on exit ramps the car does not slow up.. so I had to take control.

Overall I think there are improvements.

Just to add on checking software for updates. Unless you are in the queue it is only placebo. It seems to only be useful in small point bug fix releases that are not rolled out slowly. On a major rollout like we are getting (probably the biggest version release in Beta ever) checking will just be "anticipation" and "disappointment" at best.

But if you do the "praise be to Elon" 🕺dance 5x around your car before you check then it may work.
All you have to do to unlock FSDb 11 is:

Go to Emissions Testing in Toolbox and play the follow fart sounds in this order:

Not a Fart x1
Short Shorts Ripper x2
Falcon Heavy x1
Ludicrous Fart x2
I'm so random x3

UNLOCKED!

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and FSDtester#1

Yeah it won’t force an update you’re not scheduled to get. However it can get it to you sooner. I’ve got several updates available after checking; be it a point or major release. Obviously the more you check it the less you’ll get a polite result.

That said as far as beta goes whenever I’ve seen a thousand or more people waiting for beta and I go check it’s been pretty good chance it then says it’s ready. What’s the difference I have no idea maybe a few hours sooner?

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and FSDtester#1
Neither...

I had fsd beta after it was opened to 98% safety score.
I have never ever gotten a patch early.. this is the first time.

The merged stack is amazing.. car did much better even on highways. One issue - on exit ramps the car does not slow up.. so I had to take control.

Overall I think there are improvements.
SO, these FSD updates are somehow tied to the safety score?
What if someone isn't using Tesla Insurance ?