Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I don't think it's rolling out to anyone without USS yet. If you look at TeslaFi, only 2022 and older have received it. I think the USS were removed around October 2022, so while it's possible some model-year 2022 vehicles lack USS, the vast majority will be model-year 2023.

So Tesla may be running Tesla-Vision Park Assist in shadow-mode on vehicles with USS first, so they can measure the accuracy against actual USS measurements before rolling it out to the USS-less cars.
So if Vision must be added first, does that mean I *should* cancel FSDb queue to allow updates from 2022.44.200, or still keep things the way they are, as suggested by @JHCCAZ above, considering I have a 2023?

Pretty decent so far, lane keeping is improved both on and off highways. No phantom braking in areas I usually experience on my Monday AM drives.

Highway really doesn’t seem like much of an improvement, sorry. Still waits till the last second to merge, that’s my biggest complaint so far. It REALLY moves over when passing a truck/trailer.

Pretty decent so far, lane keeping is improved both on and off highways. No phantom braking in areas I usually experience on my Monday AM drives.

Highway really doesn’t seem like much of an improvement, sorry. Still waits till the last second to merge, that’s my biggest complaint so far. It REALLY moves over when passing a truck/trailer.
Improvements I've noticed on the highway:

-Doesn't take 2 min to change lanes, just does it. The assertiveness is welcomed.
-Doesn't randomly change lanes for no reason as much.
-Doesn't want to stay in the far left lane.
-Handles short lanes prior to an exit better

I honestly expected a massive regression.

How long will FSD v11 take to get to me? Any guesses? I'm on 2023.2.12

I understand it will take FSD to get to 2023 branch, but are we talking a month? Two months?

The primary purpose of V11 is to reunify the S/W development and save the effort of maintaining two branches in parallel. The logical next steps would be to monitor V11 highway performance and check for any regressions, followed by a rollout of V11 to the entire fleet (with FSD features simply disabled where license or other requirements are not met).
If they go that path, I'd reckon rather two months than less. They'd need to collect enough statistics (which only FSDb users can provide), then merge FSD on the latest 2023.x. On the upside, FSD branch would no longer be missing out on mainstream features and joining FSDb would then only be the flick of a configuration bit; no more waiting for a compatible release.

First, understand how the traditional software development process works.

Then recognize Tesla is doing something *nobody* else has done before. No, not even Waymo or Cruise.

Recognize they will run into unexpected snags. Setbacks. Issues that will require rewrites. Then adjust your expectations accordingly.
As a retired programmmer-- excuse me, "software engineer"-- I understand how the traditional software development process works.

How this relates to whatever it is Tesla does remains unclear...:)

I _just_ missed the Steve Jobs era at Apple; otherwise, I'd probably have more appreciation for Elon's particular management methods.

Improvements I've noticed on the highway:

-Doesn't take 2 min to change lanes, just does it. The assertiveness is welcomed.
-Doesn't randomly change lanes for no reason as much.
-Doesn't want to stay in the far left lane.
-Handles short lanes prior to an exit better

I honestly expected a massive regression.
What do you have your profile set to? Chill, average, assertive?

Reactions: GranularHail
11.3.2 reacts to speed limits like it’s supposed to. No more coasting for a year into a 35mph zone at 55mph from a 55mph zone. This is alone is enough improvement for me.
Agreed.

I have 1 red light that has a stop sign visible for people going right. 10.10 or something was the only version that didn't treat that light like a stop sign. 11.3.2 still tells me it's waiting my turn so I disengage. These odd edge cases will likely be around for a while.

So if Vision must be added first, does that mean I *should* cancel FSDb queue to allow updates from 2022.44.200
People have gotten FSD Beta builds directly from factory vehicle software. Here's an example from I believe 2022.40.200 to 2022.44.30.5 / FSD Beta 10.69.25.1:
I can confirm this is FSD beta. Brand new car coming off a .200 build.

Others without Ultrasonic Sensors have been testing the new Vision park assist that is included in 2022.45.11 / FSD Beta 11.3.2:

Hopefully better curb detection and improved visualizations will come to all vehicles even those with the sensors maybe as part of a later 11.x.

It's probably closer to 400K

“We have now released FSD beta to nearly all customers in the US and Canada who bought FSD (approximately 400,000). This is an important milestone for our company. Every customer in the US and Canada can now access FSD Beta functionality upon purchase/subscription and start experiencing the evolution of AI-powered autonomy.”
They've released it to 400,000 vehicles, but the doesn't mean that 400,000 vehicles have opted in to FSDb.

What? Those who opted into FSD beta are the ones who it has been released to.
This is typical waffling by Elon and Tesla. No where does it say that 400,000 vehicles are testing FSDb. Even though it's a weak predictor, the number of cars on TeslaFi with FSD beta hasn't increased anywhere in the same proportion (60k to 100k to 400k).

This is typical waffling by Elon and Tesla. No where does it say that 400,000 vehicles are testing FSDb. Even though it's a weak predictor, the number of cars on TeslaFi with FSD beta hasn't increased anywhere in the same proportion (60k to 100k to 400k).
I don't know anyone in real life that is registered to TeslaFi and I know maybe 60-70 Tesla owners (from clubs). It's a tiny percentage of people, But according to the NHTSA there are 362,758 Beta testers.