Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
And you think things like precise locations of stop signs and crosswalks are "basic metadata"?

Yes.

This is not new knowledge at all. Karpathy told us years ago that this is how Tesla's traffic control feature works.

The downloaded route includes traffic controls previously known, so that's how the car can say, "traffic control coming up in 500m" when it's turning a curve.

Here is a bad change in 11.3.

To change the lane, usually near traffic lights, when a new turn lane starts there will be a gap for cars to change lane. FSD used to change lane correctly in that area.

But now it just cuts across the solid white line to change the lane.

NN taking over the duties and making a bad path decision?

I disagree. $115,000 is chump change. I give that much to the homeless for soup! I usually buy multiple versions of FSDp just to see which one works best or fails first. I'm buying Twitter next week to see if I can drive it off a cliff. So stop all your bellyaching and start playing again in reality.........
It's all relative. 115k for a car or a nice 3 week holiday in Anguilla for 115k.

ja know, when I look at what cars are going for now, 115k is chump change.

I still don’t understand why you can’t get your head around the earth being square.
All this talk that Tesla FSD fans are flat earthers got me pretty annoyed.
So I tried to program FSD to drive around the world just to prove them wrong.
But It just gave me three beeps and said it couldn't handle that Edge case...

All this talk that Tesla FSD fans are flat earthers got me pretty annoyed.
So I tried to program FSD to drive around the world just to prove them wrong.
But It just gave me three beeps and said it couldn't handle that Edge case...
I don’t know if it’s the shroom I just ate, but this post made me snort

View attachment 939887
Ran into a horse and buggy caravan with 11.4.1, it started out ok but started getting skittish as I got around 6 or 7 wagons in. Might have been the wagon masters waving the orange flags, as one point we were forced about half way over the yellow line, and I took over.
One of my very first posts came about because, in 2021, the S.O. was stopped at a light in Central Jersey and, on the screen, up popped a picture of a horse. She knew nobody would believe her, so she pulled out her phone and took a shot:
img_0239-jpg.683617

Mind you, there was no actual horse out there, but the car thought there was.

So: What did you see on the screen when you passed all those wagons?