Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what are all the beta drivers up to, with no new releases since 8.2 and no sign of v9?

The videos have definitely slowed down. I guess you’re just enjoying your FSD while the rest of us wait :)
Pretty much. @DirtyT3sla had a service loaner without FSD and mentioned how it made him realize he doesn't want to drive without it. That gives me a ton of hope as far a show useful it really is even in its current state.

Well there's a Waymo thread, could you create a Ford one? Maybe it could be in the general Autonomous Car Progress thread.

Anyway, as far as the video. After the first failed right curve and the first failed left curve I don't know what the driver is thinking. It clearly can't function on those roads. He's going into the ditch soon and his poor unsecured dogs are going through the windshield (or into whatever airbag there is for rear seat dogs).

Does it say Co-Pilot is safe for those roads? I doubt it.

It's going to be an interesting time with all these fledgling FSD-type cars being "torture tested" in inadvisable ways. Here, pass me a beer, I don't need to hold the wheel any more, I was told the car could drive now. Sigh.
Doh! You are right as it is being misused as I thought it was Tesla AutoPilot equivalent. From this Mar 17, 2021 article it indicates it will be later this year.

Ford will make most Mach-Es capable of using its Active Driver Assist. Owners will just need to accept (and pay for) an over-the-air upgrade later this year.
  • Ford's previously announced Active Driver Assist hands-free driving feature will be on most of the Mustang Mach-E EVs being built, part of the automaker's Co-Pilot360 technology.
  • The cars will be assembled with the Active Driver Assist Prep Kit on board, ready for an over-the-air upgrade when it's available later this year, although owners must pay a $600 activation fee.
  • The feature will be similar to GM's Super Cruise in that it will work only on a limited set of divided highways—for now, about 100,000 miles' worth in North America, only half of what GM's system offers.

Reactions: Dan D.
Doh! You are right as it is being misused as I thought it was Tesla AutoPilot equivalent. From this Mar 17, 2021 article it indicates it will be later this year.

Ford will make most Mach-Es capable of using its Active Driver Assist. Owners will just need to accept (and pay for) an over-the-air upgrade later this year.
  • Ford's previously announced Active Driver Assist hands-free driving feature will be on most of the Mustang Mach-E EVs being built, part of the automaker's Co-Pilot360 technology.
  • The cars will be assembled with the Active Driver Assist Prep Kit on board, ready for an over-the-air upgrade when it's available later this year, although owners must pay a $600 activation fee.
  • The feature will be similar to GM's Super Cruise in that it will work only on a limited set of divided highways—for now, about 100,000 miles' worth in North America, only half of what GM's system offers.
Yet above, someone posted a Mach-e "autopilot" on a two-lane road. It did about as well as the 2015 release of Tesla's AP1, dropping out on most curves.

Re post 2,246

This is the first anecdotal comment on the engineering gap between Tesla and the legacy car makers that I’ve seen.
So Ford is almost Six years behind Tesla in car driving software. So if they collect much more driving data to add to their neural net software, they know the path and timeline Tesla took.

It might speed them up by 50% but I don’t see yet how they are going to collect the driving data from the Mach E cars. They can’t do OTA yet. So the six year lead remains in place.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
1617999223413.png

The reason is simple. They want the recurring revenue of a subscription. The subscription will be cheaper than purchasing for most people, so it will be a no brainer (I think between $150 and $200/month ).

Elon will justify saying purchase is cheaper because the cars can go a million miles and last well past 10 years, which may be true, but for most new car buyers, they won't keep it nearly as long.

Once the subscription comes out, it's a no brainer for people who are waiting to switch because now they can pay the subscription. Did they waste $5k? Yes. Is there a better alternative currently out there? No.

For my math logic I'm assuming most new Tesla owners will keep the car between 4-6 years, and by the time we have a subscription, the price of FSD will go up to at least 15k.

I've read that the current take is between 20-30% have purchased FSD, and I would expect that to get to the 70-90% of purchases if you price it under $150/month.

Betting you didn't pay for FSD up-front.

*** I'm fine with deleting this if it is too far off topic *** I was shocked by it actually.
For comparison
Title: Driving the Mach e on Co-Pilot on Backroads
Posting this as a follow-up to the Mach-E video. This is a Tesla Y on Autopilot doing the same run. It's non-FSD too but you can compare how it did to the Mach-E non-FSD.
It's not really intended to run on these roads either but it did better than the Ford, I presume because of the max steering angle disengaging the Mach-E. I like him holding the video with one hand and the other hand sometimes off the wheel. Also, I learned that Tesla AP 'runs over dead things' 4:55

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow-up. The more I use Tesla's AP the more I trust it. There are a few things I need to watch-out for (AP following the car ahead of me into a turning lane instead of going straight through at lights), however, I trust it almost too much.

Posting this as a follow-up to the Mach-E video. This is a Tesla Y on Autopilot doing the same run. It's non-FSD too but you can compare how it did to the Mach-E non-FSD.
It's not really intended to run on these roads either but it did better than the Ford, I presume because of the max steering angle disengaging the Mach-E. I like him holding the video with one hand and the other hand sometimes off the wheel. Also, I learned that Tesla AP 'runs over dead things' 4:55

Last edited: