Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that was outstanding and shows where it struggles, you really challenged it. The drone footage really helps. Excellent. Thank you all. Looking forward to your next one after any updates you receive.

Have you seen any phantom braking? Also can you do a couple parking lots with Auto park and Summon? With Drone footage too?

While the car clearly scared the occupants at 01:30 and thus did badly, If you look at the front wheel angles, it would actually seem to not have hit the other car on the turn. Remember that computers can calculate distances much better than drivers, the FSD cars will probably drive within two inches of other stationary objects very confidently.

The drone footage puts into perspective the "oh my god" exclamations in the YouTuber's video. In the situation where the YouTuber commented that the Tesla came pretty close to the parked car (Jeep??), the drone footage showed that the Tesla actually centered itself (with a couple feet clearance) between the parked car and the painted road divider. The only question in that situation is whether the Tesla should have driven on top of the center road divider.

Wow, that was outstanding and shows where it struggles, you really challenged it. The drone footage really helps. Excellent. Thank you all. Looking forward to your next one after any updates you receive.

Have you seen any phantom braking? Also can you do a couple parking lots with Auto park and Summon? With Drone footage too?
Thanks for contributing to the thread. Just to be perfectly clear I'm only posting links to other people's videos. I'm not fortunate enough to have the beta yet. I really appreciate the time and effort that these owners are putting into documenting it for all of us and I thought it would be helpful to have a lot of links in one thread.

Reactions: 2101Guy
He has now added a pinned comment with some thoughts.
Thank you,
reposting his comment here (definitely his style)
I intentionally left the in-car audio out of this video. Tesla has made it clear that any comments / actions of this system that negatively affect the company will be instant removal from early access program (typical Tesla). My take: The vision sees almost everything, very impressive. On non-complicated roads the system seemed solid and I saw almost no regression from current public versions of Autopilot. In the tight city environment, I was probably the least impressed of the group. The car was consistently confused around intersections, preemptive lane changes were non-existent, cutting corners too tight to the point where I took over to not curb wheels, and not driving with regard of other vehicles in the vicinity (basically confusing everyone with huge swerves and weird maneuvers etc) were negatives. Cool to see the progression of Tesla's system and the approach they are taking for assisted driving!

A couple things I've not seen on the videos.

Seems like many of the stop signs do a "rolling" stop. Is that the FSD or is the driver nudging it forward?

I also see right turn on red. Does it recognize the. "No rtor" signs or is that up to the driver to stop?

A couple things I've not seen on the videos.

Seems like many of the stop signs do a "rolling" stop. Is that the FSD or is the driver nudging it forward?

I also see right turn on red. Does it recognize the. "No rtor" signs or is that up to the driver to stop?
I think all of those have been FSD.
It does seem to recognize RTOR restrictions https://twitter.com/arctechinc James Locke had a video of an example, I just need to find it.