Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The Safety Score Beta is the first release to the Safety Score which is an assessment of your driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that your driving could result in a future collision. We combine your daily Safety Scores (up to 30 days) to calculate the aggregated Safety Score, displayed on the main ‘Safety Score’ screen of the Tesla app. You can find details around your daily Safety Score by selecting ‘Daily Details’ at the bottom of the screen.

The Safety Score Beta is intended to provide drivers transparency and feedback of their driving behaviors. The Safety Score is a value between 0 and 100, where a higher score indicates safer driving. Most drivers will have a Safety Score of 80 or above.

tYFggZB.jpg

I really, really hope the car is very, very clear when it is in reverse (assuming what Elon said about 10.1 having the ability to shift to reverse to get out of the way if the car thinks it has creeped too far is true). It just sounds like a bad idea to me, since having the car randomly decide to change to reverse can make decisions to override by the driver much, much more dangerous. In situations where the car has creeped too far, sometimes the right decision to override for the driver would be to just gun it, and if the car has decided on its own to shift to reverse and there is a car behind the Tesla, that could be a disaster.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I really, really hope the car is very, very clear when it is in reverse (assuming what Elon said about 10.1 having the ability to shift to reverse to get out of the way if the car thinks it has creeped too far is true). It just sounds like a bad idea to me, since having the car randomly decide to change to reverse can make decisions to override by the driver much, much more dangerous. In situations where the car has creeped too far, sometimes the right decision to override for the driver would be to just gun it, and if the car has decided on its own to shift to reverse and there is a car behind the Tesla, that could be a disaster.
I agree, reversing while driving is kind of weird and seems more risky than useful, but if they add reversing so it can pull out of your driveway and then continue on its route, I’d be happy with that.

What about highway... lol SINGLE STACK OF POWER

"Much better than James’ Model 3 sitting forever at his intersections. Hopefully uncut videos from the people who have had more troublesome interactions will show similar improvements, but Mr Locke’s video didn’t give me much hope so far."

- That's a minor issue for expansion though. People can simply press accelerator. All James' issues were at Stop signs I believe.

I see a significant improvement in the visualization, especially the horizontal stop lines in 10.0.1 were jaggy, but here they're straight:

View attachment 714486
Am I missing something here because I don't see any stop lines at all. I see cross walk lines. I was pretty sure the stop lines were separate, wider, and only shown in the lanes that were your direction of travel.