Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You write that as if people who "want tesla to fail " is a figment of imagination. Just look at the short interest on Tesla ($20B+ now) - not even considering all the industries that Tesla is disrupting.
Whether or not they exist isn't relevant to my point. If beta testers believe they exist and sharing negative videos will benefit them they may interpret Tesla's instructions as telling them not to share negative videos.
Tesla is the most valuable automobile manufacturer in the world, clearly "people who want Tesla to fail" aren't doing much. I think the whole narrative is just part of Tesla's marketing strategy. You see a lot of Tesla owner's who feel that they're part of some sort of persecuted group which helps with brand loyalty.

Reactions: Matias
It depends whether or not you believe sharing negative videos will benefit people who "want Tesla to fail."
I could see how some beta testers might interpret it that way.
Some may interpret that, but in context to the whole passage, it was as I interpreted a while back, which is that Tesla is totally fine with negative video that are part of a larger video for context. That explains why we see so many videos that show FSD doing very poorly and there is zero evidence Tesla is doing anything about it. It's an entirely different case however if there was an explicit ban on negative videos, in which case we won't see those at all, even as part of a larger video.

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

Reactions: EVNow
Tesla is the most valuable automobile manufacturer in the world, clearly "people who want Tesla to fail" aren't doing much. I think the whole narrative is just part of Tesla's marketing strategy. You see a lot of Tesla owner's who feel that they're part of some sort of persecuted group which helps with brand loyalty.
Clearly you haven't followed TSLA as closely as some others here. You are quite mistaken - there are Billions bet on Tesla stock going down all the time. There are clear instances of manipulation of stock price by planting negative stories / comments in the business press. There are senators specifically targeting Tesla. Unions are so against Tesla - it wasn't called for a meeting about EVs at the Whitehouse !!

Anyway we are going off topic - so I'll stop here.

ps : Your point about people not posting negative videos because of this actually gets stronger with what I'm saying. But the great number of FSD videos that show failures by FSD contradict what you are saying.

So 10.2 should be Friday night 10/8.

1632816375277.png

pretty decent drive from Frenchie. Car had one major mistake early on where it saw a yellow change to a red while going through a longish intersection and decided to stop for the red on the middle of the intersection basically at the crosswalk on the other side. Had a nice unprotected left and did an okay job at one of those angled 5 way intersections with a little encouragement from Frenchie’s right foot to get the car to move into the middle of the intersection to yield for the unprotected slight left initially, and then the car properly waited for a gap, took the turn and briefly started to aim for the opposite lane of traffic before correcting itself.

FSD Beta is part of what you paid for (I'm assuming you paid for FSD Capability)

Nope, it's really not.

I paid for safe L4 (or better) (I purchased in 2018 when that was the promise)

I did not pay for L2 city streets, and definitely not a -not-safe-enough-for-wide-release version of it.

Folks who bought post March 2019 could argue FSDBeta is "what they paid for" I guess since city streets, at L2, is the last thing those buyers were promised during purchase that remains undelivered.

Reactions: Matias and daktari
Nope, it's really not.

I paid for safe L4 (or better) (I purchased in 2018 when that was the promise)

I did not pay for L2 city streets, and definitely not a -not-safe-enough-for-wide-release version of it.

Folks who bought post March 2019 could argue FSDBeta is "what they paid for" I guess since city streets, at L2, is the last thing those buyers were promised during purchase that remains undelivered.
In that case, don't use it. It would be unfair use, since you haven't paid for that.

In FSD's current state and based on the type of driving I do, I would surmise that it could get me to work and back fairly consistently without much disengagement based on FDS videos I've seen. My daily commute is really not even as difficult as Chuck Cook's memorial test drive. It's about a 30 minute drive each way on mostly 4 lane road and about 3 miles on the interstate. I'll bite and subscribe when my MY is delivered and try and get the beta just for fun really.

Man, you're a troll. You should thank rather than complain, then.

I think you are projecting my dude. No need to name call.

I haven't complained at all in this discussion, I just pointed out unfinished L2 city streets wasn't the thing I paid for.

If they want me to test it anyway, sure, why not if it helps. But I'll still be expecting the stuff I actually did pay for eventually.

But I'll still be expecting the stuff I actually did pay for eventually.
Fair enough. And do you have to complain about everything else? All the in-betweens? All the proofs that progress is being made? How is that productive? We're all in this together. Your 2018 purchase gives you nothing more than (maybe) the right to sue. Technology wise, we'll all get the same. And don't even HW 3/4/5 me, no one knows yet.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Fair enough. And do you have to complain about everything else?

Again, I didn't complain in any of the posts you've replied to here. I only mentioned- once- that L2 city streets isn't what I paid for. Because it's factually not.

So I suppose the obvious answer to your question above is no :)

In fact you appear to be doing far more "complaining" in your replies than I did in the original post you seem to have taken unfounded issue with. Might wanna see to that.

Reactions: Matias