Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.40.8.12 one supercharger to the next one -7:46

@7:00:

Driver: "Making the left...it's staying in the lane. Awesome"

Narrator: "He in fact, was not staying in the lane."

What I wonder is that it seems in all these videos, most drivers are staying hands off and letting the vehicle take the time to correct itself - but wouldn't it provide better training data if they were to intervene with the correct and smooth action?

Plum Canyon to Santa Clarita Superchargers - 2020.40.8.12 - 1 Nov 2020 - 9:53

I noticed FSD seemed to have crashed for 1 second at 8:40.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.10.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.10.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.10.47 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.10.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.10.18 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
It is interesting that the pace of the videos has slowed. It could be simply because the individuals are getting tired of publishing them.

I'm hoping that Brandon shows a new one soon. Mike Land's latest video was discouraging but to the point above... Elon has clearly stated that the updates could regress a little before they get better so I think we just need to give it some time to breathe a little.

Reactions: n.one.one
It is interesting that the pace of the videos has slowed. It could be simply because the individuals are getting tired of publishing them.

I'm hoping that Brandon shows a new one soon. Mike Land's latest video was discouraging but to the point above... Elon has clearly stated that the updates could regress a little before they get better so I think we just need to give it some time to breathe a little.
No but CNN use this videos particulary the bad to attack Tesla and tell to all of the world who is the beta testers with complete names.
See CNN BUSINESS

She’s said in another one of her short vids that the car hasn’t been handling left turns well for her since the new update.

A left turn across traffic that doesn't stop is going to be one of the most dangerous and difficult situations for FSD. It's a common situation that people will run into pulling out of neighborhood side streets onto busy main streets. Combined with higher speeds (>45mph) and multiple lanes of cross traffic it's challenging.

How good are the side cameras at picking up high speed traffic from a distance? If the cross traffic is going 45-65mph they would need to detect the traffic from far away and also be able to track multiple layers of cars going in opposite directions.

Wow! THAT was nuts! That unprotected left turn was just... crazy! I'm not sure I would've have the cojones to wait that one out without intervening!
I actually found it impressive (BTW looking at the steering wheel will give you nausea... I try to look at the rendered output and what's out on the road...)
The car seemed to be able to maintain enough vector info on the objects to compute/calculate that there was no one in the blind spot (behind car #2 in adjacent lane)
The steering wheel did block a good portion of the screen, I would have loved to see the rendering throughout the left turn.
upload_2020-11-2_21-17-16.png

The video description by the driver says "Not perfect, but man have we come a long way!"
I mean he was in the driver seat... cojones indeed!

Make sure you switch the video to 1440p/60fp (and if you really want to try to catch it well play at 0.5x speed)

Last edited: