Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
‘impressive how it handled the stop here on red sign. Not so impressive was the car nearly clipping the curb trying to exit the roundabout.

That’s an odd roundabout with some low lying “curbs”. Not even sure I’d call them that. More like “lips”. I wouldn’t intentionally run them over, but I bet people run them over all the time speeding through that roundabout.

When the car is in the wrong lane to make a turn, FSD disengages. FSD is prioritising navigation over safety. Will the Engineers change that to overrule navigation?

Can you clarify? The car didn't get over in time to make the turn. If not overridden, it would have likely continued straight through the intersection and then re-routed. Anyhow, that is why it is being tested. Should get better with each update.

The double stop sign turn he tries several times at the end is very challenging. Although I wish he used the report button more often, those are good tests.

I really hate how the car starts turning the wheel too early on left turns. The turns become really shallow and it's unsafe if you get rear ended.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I wonder if there's a limit on the number of detected objects. Here's a bunch of people on the Las Vegas Strip:
vegas people.jpg

FSDBeta 2020.44.10.2 - Lots of unprotected left turns tested - 9:43 - Chuck Cook
This guy is putting out great videos! He is finding a lot of great corner cases to test out. I'm remain impressed by what I'm seeing even though it's far from perfect.

I'm very interested to see this next software release that is supposedly coming this week!

Waypoints would probably do the same but, what I am inquiring about is somehow changing the car's preferred route to one I would rather follow. For an example, we have this one restaurant and when we enter it in as a destination (we are on 44.15) the navigation routes us through a very busy and chaotic intersection. We have found a different route that is much more serene and would somehow like to re-route the car similar to what gmaps or amaps can.

Also, while I am thinking about the FSD beta, how does it handle setting a route, and activating (if possible) autopilot while still in the garage? How does the FSD beta handle parking lots with angled parking?

Any insight is appreciated!

No. I have not seen any GPS system do that. You could draw in many waypoints on some systems but I think there are limits as to the number of waypoints.

this is not a FSD issue IMO.