Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of funny to be getting disagrees on my post when the driver himself commented during the turn that the car was hesitating through the turn in the video.

The driver specifically Tweeted how impressed he was with that turn. The moving forward from the stop sign and hesitation was required for a full and complete view of the junction. The FSD driver commented on how the driver of the previous Model X had to perform a similar maneuver.

Tesla FSD Beta 10 - Best Yet! (2020.48.35.1) - 4:51 - oisiaa
Very good drive with some nice smooth maneuvers. Only intervention was due to driver error as the driver didn’t realize that the car was correctly starting to drift to the left to get into the proper lane since the car was going over the crest of a hill so the driver couldn’t see the lanes, but either the car could see or the map data was good enough for the car to perform the correct maneuver.

This is the beta elon said would start the wider release of beta, so it’s encouraging that it’s looking better... I was eap in my model 3 but not model y :(
Elon said release 10 or 11 so we'll have to wait and see if the next build (11) includes a wider release.
And he also said "probably" which gives him a bit a flexibility:). So I'm thinking maybe 12.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1342909163903455233
"A few more revisions needed. Probably Beta 10 or 11"

Last edited:
A couple of non-driving changes in v10.
As shown in this screenshot the (system) max speed and steering wheel graphic are larger than what we have in the current general release. Also, it appears that the left side visualization no longer expands (this may be a setting but I don't think so).
Screenshot 2021-01-17 201101 v10 changes.jpg

Elon said release 10 or 11 so we'll have to wait and see if the next build (11) includes a wider release.
And he also said "probably" which gives him a bit a flexibility:). So I'm thinking maybe 12.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1342909163903455233
"A few more revisions needed. Probably Beta 10 or 11"
I think we need to cut Elon a little slack on this one because v9 didn't really count as a beta update (it just had holiday fart goodies that they had not gotten). So...does that mean we are now looking at beta 11/12?

Speculation here:

Most assuredly the AI in the car doesn’t learn between attempts (that requires retraining of the neural net). So the visual recognition of the intersection by FSD doesn’t improve between attempts.

However, from what we know (I think) the pathing is done with logic by incorporating mapping data from OpenStreetMaps and possibly even incorporates data from cars in near real-time, and it’s possible that the path improves after cars have been there several times.

For example, the car could be pushing back tiny bits of data like “I took that turn too wide” so that it refines the path with later attempts.

FSD Beta 10 - 2020.48.35.1 - Release Notes & Settings review - 3:35 - Frenchie
** This is mainly a confirmation that nothing has changed in the release notes & settings. @Frenchie please let us know if that is correct. **

That's correct. I thought I would upload the Release Notes review as no testers did up until now. I went for a drive for 30 min and I'm still waiting for my slow computer to export the final video (after editing). Will be posting my first review once it completes. It's a bit better for me. Not perfect but there are improvements. The thing that annoys me is that I was working on a FSD Beta 9 that @Mardak suggested. I'm yet to decide if I finish that test or pause that and do testing on FSD Beta 10. Let me know your thoughts