Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If FSD isn't possible, Tesla's stock price will take a huge beating. Will have to be a bit more patient. Maybe dojo will speed things up, but this isn't looking very good. Anyone who thinks Tesla can keep an $800 billion marketcap by just selling cars is being delusional.

You clearly haven’t done your homework on Tesla, or TSLA. You are aware that selling cars is only a portion of what they do, right?

Thanks for trying it out! It's definitely a lot of effort to test out so many of the potential 30 paths for a 6 corner intersection, so it's fine to spread it over multiple versions. Also quite impressive that FSD beta is even able to make predictions for the 6 ways even when occluded:

View attachment 628639

Thanks @Mardak. It was a great idea. I thought I would try something different with a quick intro and some explanation about the different paths. I'm not very happy with the quality of the footage though. Night time recording isn't good. I tried to take that corner during the day but it was impossible to test anything. Since the car doesn't engage in the intersection, I basically sit at the traffic light. If there is no car behind me, I would wait and the traffic light becomes RED so I basically wasted a whole GREEN light (I have it on video, I look so stupid). If there is a car behind me, I get honked at. Additionally, I keep hearing a clicking noise in the video which I have no idea where it came from. I don't have that problem anymore but that was strange. The last issue I faced was that I couldn't get to the right 45 degree turn (basically the first right turn). GPS refused to take me there. Whenever I selected a location on that street, it forced me to take the second right turn (i.e. 90 degree right) and go around. I drove the first right turn manually and I didn't see any "one way" or restrictions. Not sure why GPS didn't want to take me there using the route I wanted. I had to wake up super early for this test so not sure when/how I'll be able to do the same test with FSD Beta 10.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I don't remember seeing projected turn paths for other vehicles before this (1st image). Has it been there before this version? View attachment 628640
Those "paths" are the predicted intersection guiding stripes for turns that are common for multiple left turn lanes shown since the first beta. There's more of these lines in your screenshot as the visualizations are neural network predictions, and because the Tesla was behind and adjacent to other vehicles, there was only a partial view of the lines and it incorrectly predicted way more lines than there actually were. Here's the visualization as it entered the intersection with a better view:

intersection guiding stripe.jpg

Reactions: n.one.one
Beta 10: First Impressions (2020.48.35.1) - 25:01 - Trevor Mahlmann
** First FSD beta video from Trevor Mahlmann but he has a very active YouTube channel geared to SpaceX and NASA. **
Impressive stuff. I thought the unprotected left at about 18:40 was particularly nice. Not a super busy road, but it waited properly for the cars from the left to pass while creeping forward for visibility, and then went when it was clear.

edit - one bad section immediately following this where the map data was inaccurate I’m guessing.

Steering wheel behavior during turns, as noted by the driver, is waaaaaaay better now. Instead of constantly twitching and jerking back and forth, it’s much smoother and more human-like.

Last edited:
Agree. Hopefully he will have the same results that Kim Paquette had. Her first run was bad but subsequent runs were pretty good. The AP team suggested that she go home and let it be on WiFi for awhile. After she did that she had some great drives. Does that suggest that there is some quick updating on WiFi?
He said that he did a full reset. Odd for sure. Not sure what to think after this update. Sometimes I'm highly encouraged and sometimes I'm not.

I'm pretty sure the red light is for the controlled intersection right after the 90 degree turn...but it is facing the intersection where the stop sign is so that drivers who haven't yet made the turn can see it.

There is also a red light AFTER the 90 degree turn for the 1 or two cars who have already turned.

I don't think there is any ambiguity there, if you follow the rules for both the stop sign and the traffic light. You must always stop at the stop sign and can proceed if the traffic is clear. If the traffic light is red you must stop and cannot proceed until it turns green. The exceptions being right on read after stop or left on red after stop for one way traffic to the left. If the light turns green you may proceed if there isn't some other reason not to such as pedestrians or other cars in the intersection. In this case, the other reason is the stop sign which you must always stop for, unless there's a cop directing traffic.

So here, since there is not one way traffic to the left, you have to wait at the stop sign until the light turns green. Thems the rules.

Last edited:
Beta 10 Software Update | Initial Drive and Impressions | 2020.48.35.1 - 17:02 - Dirty Tesla
Maybe mostly mapping data issues for him with fewer people in Michigan with Tesla’s? The start was a little iffy, but there were some nice unprotected right and left turns.
At 12:02 while the car is stuck behind a parked Fed Ex truck, the driver disengages right as the car’s pathing changed to indicate it was going to maneuver around it. It looked like it might have been due to the car waiting for the adjacent lane’s traffic to clear before doing so, but that could also be a coincidence.

At 12:02 while the car is stuck behind a parked Fed Ex truck, the driver disengages right as the car’s pathing changed to indicate it was going to maneuver around it.

Actually, I think the path changed because DirtyTesla manually activated the left signal. I think he should have continued waiting without any intervention (another 5 seconds) to see if FSD beta ever figures it out.