Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was it actually fake, or did they just need a lot of fries before they got a good run?

I call it fake for two reasons.

The first reason it took a lot of tries because they got a good run.

The second reason is they used the NVidia Software when they had no intention of using that.

If anyone did a serious investigation into it I don't doubt that there would be enough evidence to say that they committed fraud.

Seems dangerous for them to do something so dumb.

Well this was around the time when they had the bright idea of training their ADAS system using Mobileyes system.

Basically they wanted to have both pieces of hardware in a vehicle at the same time so they could continue selling AP as it was, and implement their own AP system along side it. Where they'd use the Mobileye system to train their system.

Mobileye found about this, and fired Tesla as a customer.

So Tesla had to scramble. That's why EAP took so long to match the performance of AP.

Nice speculation. Just not the truth.

Not my speculation, and in fact I couldn't find where I got the story from after I posted the comment. This is the closest I could come, but it's not where I got it from years ago.

"Our original plan was to have a migration strategy, where we have Mobileye and Tesla Vision operating at the same time to have kind of a smooth process, but Mobileye refused to do that."

Tesla's Attempt To Leverage Mobileye IP (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

It makes sense for Tesla to have a migration process, and it makes sense for Mobileye to feel threated by the migration process Tesla put in place.

If I was a vendor for a product, and I knew they were developing their own technology I would continue to provide my product without feeling too threated by it. But, the second it was revealed that my product would go on the same board to not only smooth the transition, but POSSIBLY help train their system I would be pretty livid.

Will never REALLY know what the truth is as none of us we're directly involved. But, out of all the explanations it makes the most sense.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: WattPwr
Not my speculation, and in fact I couldn't find where I got the story from after I posted the comment. This is the closest I could come, but it's not where I got it from years ago.
"Our original plan was to have a migration strategy, where we have Mobileye and Tesla Vision operating at the same time to have kind of a smooth process, but Mobileye refused to do that."
Tesla's Attempt To Leverage Mobileye IP (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha
Will never REALLY know what the truth is as none of us we're directly involved. But, out of all the explanations it makes the most sense.

Have no idea how factual this was but be careful assuming Seeking Alpha is accurate in their postings. They have a history of misinformation when it comes to Tesla.​

Have no idea how factual this was but be careful assuming Seeking Alpha is accurate in their postings. They have a history of misinformation when it comes to Tesla.​

The quote is factual, and if you google it you'll get lots of articles that talk about it.

What I was looking for, but I couldn't find is a discussion on either reddit or TMC about it where someone provided more information about it. This was years ago so I've forgotten all the details.

In any case factually Tesla did try to use both Mobileye along with Tesla vision on the same board for AP2.

Its both a really good way of doing it, but also pretty ballsy.