Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon's response to this was a bit odd. I don't think it incorporates "all" surround video yet. He was saying they still have a lot of work to do, and then he answered the question of when the next update was coming (unrelated to the surround video work).

View attachment 641911

Correct. This is definitely not the "step change update " that he says V9 will be, but it it appears a decent amount better, or at least more assertive. Maybe it will confidently drive into a bridge, who knows yet, but it looks better

Reactions: WattPwr
Correct. This is definitely not the "step change update " that he says V9 will be, but it it appears a decent amount better, or at least more assertive. Maybe it will confidently drive into a bridge, who knows yet, but it looks better
Clearly this is not "FSD Beta 9" as it's called "FSD Beta 8.2," but if it does contain actual FSD functionality improvements as opposed to the same functionality of FSD Beta 8.1 but now on top of 2021.11.4's general wide rollout "minor fixes" (which often turn out to be security fixes), it's somewhat funny/sad that Autopilot team needs to spend any mental energy at all subdividing version numbers to squeeze in more releases before some arbitrary number 9.

Reactions: Microterf
Isn't this the same dbag who is like "ZOMG FSD IS SUCH A LIFE HACK, CAN I SIP YOUR CROTCH SWEAT, ELON?" on twitter
Well at least from this video, this is the guy that says: "Everyone feels entitled because they paid for it. But the tesla team is amazing at how they rolled this out. They're amazing at who they selected. I think they did it very strategically. It was good all around in how they are rolling it out." And to "#TrustTheProcess we'll just wait" says the guy who doesn't need to wait. :confused:

Hmmmm, may have to get one of these.

Capture.GIF

• Funny
Reactions: aronth5
Why is there so much snarkiness in this thread?

Autonomous driving is one of if not the hardest engineering challenges ever undertaken by humans. Humans have seen great progress in this area in the last few years. One of the top machine learning and AI experts in the world is in charge of Tesla's program. For all those with the snarky comments, show us your autonomous driving system so we can compare to what Tesla is doing.

Why is there so much snarkiness in this thread?

Autonomous driving is one of if not the hardest engineering challenges ever undertaken by humans. Humans have seen great progress in this area in the last few years. One of the top machine learning and AI experts in the world is in charge of Tesla's program. For all those with the snarky comments, show us your autonomous driving system so we can compare to what Tesla is doing.
Pretty much all the negativity around FSD is centered around how it was sold, and not the development of it itself.

One of my hopes with the FSD subscription is it will cut down on the negativity all around, and then people can focus on what it does.

I don't find TMC all that bad, but on some forums the negativity is unbearable. Like on Arstechnica someone made a comment about how Elon promised no steering wheel by 2021 (or something like that) so I chimed in with a joke of "At least we made it to half a steering wheel in 2021", but not a single soul found that funny.