Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much all the negativity around FSD is centered around how it was sold, and not the development of it itself.

I wonder if Elon hadn't "sold" it the way he did, if FSD would have gotten to where it is now. We all know there's a lot of complacency in the FSD space. No other developer is moving as fast as Tesla. If their approach proves successful, they'll be the only ones who can achieve it for quite a long time.

Elon has had a habit of pushing the boundaries of tech, simply by the way he "sells" / "hypes" things.

Pretty much all the negativity around FSD is centered around how it was sold, and not the development of it itself.
Ummmm, not even close.
Lets talk about the lidar crowd, the "these current sensors are not enough" crowd, or the monitoring crowd or the general "it must be done this way" gestapo crowd.

These forums are filled with examples.

Ummmm, not even close.
Lets talk about the lidar crowd, the "these current sensors are not enough" crowd, or the monitoring crowd or the general "it must be done this way" gestapo crowd.

These forums are filled with examples.

so by downvoting everyone critical of this, are you saying that if the cameras get covered by snow or mud, that a Tesla with current sensor suite will continue to drive you around while you sleep in the back??

so by downvoting everyone critical of this, are you saying that if the cameras get covered by snow or mud, that a Tesla with current sensor suite will continue to drive you around while you sleep in the back??

This is a silly question. The car would ask you to clear off the sensors before you can activate fsd.

Your question is analogous to asking if someone would drive blind. No, they won't.

Reactions: pilotSteve
This is a silly question. The car would ask you to clear off the sensors before you can activate fsd.

Your question is analogous to asking if someone would drive blind. No, they won't.
yea I mean I agree so why would someone downvote a comment suggesting that you need sensor redundancy?

But anyway, if your “robotaxi” is 100 miles away and covered in snow, or gets bird poop on the front camera suite, you’re SOL. By definition this is an L3 or L4 system at best. Unless redundancy is put in to the sensor suite.

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
yea I mean I agree so why would someone downvote a comment suggesting that you need sensor redundancy?

But anyway, if your “robotaxi” is 100 miles away and covered in snow, or gets bird poop on the front camera suite, you’re SOL. By definition this is an L3 or L4 system at best. Unless redundancy is put in to the sensor suite.

The car doesn't even come with a spare tire, much less a way to autonomously change a flat tire.

The car can't close a door left open.

The car can't move a big wheel left blocking its path.

"bird poop on the front camera" ... the car actually does have a system to attempt to take care of that.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Just an observation from someone who’s been driving on the single camera AP system since 2014: The cameras getting covered with snow and mud has been a longtime concern, but after 7 years I’ve still yet to hear of a single incident where a camera has become obstructed like this. It’s probably about as likely as your hood flying up and covering the windshield so YOU can’t see.

Just an observation from someone who’s been driving on the single camera AP system since 2014: The cameras getting covered with snow and mud has been a longtime concern, but after 7 years I’ve still yet to hear of a single incident where a camera has become obstructed like this. It’s probably about as likely as your hood flying up and covering the windshield so YOU can’t see.
Are you kidding? I see a camera obstructed message at least once a week. And that’s JUST from the Sun’s glare.