Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#FSDBeta 8.2 - 2021.4.11.1 - 4K Memorial Park Round Trip with Commentary https://youtu.be/X0fpQ8XEAJA
"This car is pulling into the median."

Sitting at the draw bridge looking in his rear view mirror he probably thought you were on drugs or crazy o_O with all the animated pointing towards him, arm waving and talking to yourself about or at him. :oops: :D:D

Too bad the car was in front since it would have been nice to see if there were actually any improvements at stop gates or what it would decide to do about the lights. It may have even took you for a dip in the St Johns.:eek:

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
Lol. I don't understand. For most of the time Raj is driving faster by 5-10. He even says "I'm passing you". Well, you are going faster. Also for some reason Wade is driving at 25 from 3:45 to 4:00 when the speed limit is 35.

I gave up around there. Yes, you will get there faster if you go faster. Great.

Better idea is not to pay these people for making garbage content by clicking it at all.

Lol. I don't understand. For most of the time Raj is driving faster by 5-10. He even says "I'm passing you". Well, you are going faster. Also for some reason Wade is driving at 25 from 3:45 to 4:00 when the speed limit is 35.

I gave up around there. Yes, you will get there faster if you go faster. Great.
Why did you hit Disagree on my post????? All I did was post the link to a FSD Beta video following the intent of the tread. Please remove the Disagree.

Why did you hit Disagree on my post????? All I did was post the link to a FSD Beta video following the intent of the tread. Please remove the Disagree.
Bully!

I disagreed because I agreed with run-the-joules that it's garbage content and I was hoping you'd notice and take it off or something. But fine, if it will make you happy, what do I care.

The human, unless it's a human with extreme anxiety problems, narcolepsy, constant seizures, or someone else who shouldn't even be driving.

One of the things I actually like about this FSD beta experiment is to act as redundancy for a human driver who is experiencing a medical related incident. A way of surviving the moment or at least not causing injury/death beyond that of the medical situation itself.

We already have procedures in place to remove those from the road with severe medical conditions as the physician is required to report them.

But, we don't have much for people who experience a one time event like fainting due to illness, or a diabetic messing up. Yet, a huge percentage of the drivers on the road have pre-existing conditions which can lead to briefly losing control of their vehicle.

Heck it happened to me a long time ago. I briefly blacked out for a couple seconds while driving. Luckily I was on a city street, and I could still steer/brake so I softly braked to a stop using what I remembered ahead of me. After a few seconds of hoping this wasn't the end I regained my vision, and got my car off the road. It was one of those "don't do this again" moments where nothing was harmed other than my pride. The other drivers just thought I was a weirdo for stopping. Had it been on the freeway it would have been much more serious. I have no known medical issue(s) aside from needing to get a chocolate chip cookie tattoo over my heart as a joke to the coroner who gets to figure out how I die.

Reactions: run-the-joules
It's like the AI has multiple personalities. One is too hesitant and possibly semi-blind. He says "I don't know if it's safe to go, I really can't tell"

Another is reckless and foolhardy, but basing its decision entirely off the first guy. It says "You said you saw an opening, so I'll just go then." The first one goes "I said I wasn't sure..."

They fight a bit over the wheel and accelerator, the car sputters forward towards traffic. Usually by this point it's no longer safe and Chuck & other FSD drivers have to take over.

I really don't see why it's so difficult. Either it is safe to go, in which case go, or it isn't safe (or you're not sure), in which case don't go. FSD Beta doesn't seem to know if it's safe and either doesn't go when it is safe or goes when it isn't. If there is enough time (ie: open road) then it is just fine. Add a little traffic and it can't do it safely.
When you factor in DirtyTesla’s videos that show the car can’t reverse for dead end streets & can’t recognise a blocked off road, it’s got a long way to go before L4, let alone L5

When you factor in DirtyTesla’s videos that show the car can’t reverse for dead end streets & can’t recognise a blocked off road, it’s got a long way to go before L4, let alone L5
Nonsense. If you define the conditions under which it operates to be "Streets that do not have dead ends and are not under construction" and geofence them off, that would meet the criterial for L4.