Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if this is new in V9 or not, but there is an alert that says "waiting for high speed crossing traffic - use accelerator or cruise stalk to resume". So Tesla has a confirmation for making turns to try to promote safety in those risky situations with possible cross traffic.

fyLYwYR.png

I like the new visualization, looks great. I wonder how many other under the hood improvements there have been too?

Yeah, I think the new visualization is a big improvement over the old one.

It's too early to say about under the hood improvements. Although it appears like there not any major new "features" added, it's more refinements of the existing behavior like making behavior smoother and more confident. But yeah, I am curious about that too.

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
This stack we retrained without radar as an input.
At least that's what Elon claimed.

"Retraining without radar as an input" is changing how the software works. Yes, it is a big change to how the software works "under the hood". But I was referring to a new feature like say traffic light control. Will FSD Beta V9 do a new driving task that it did not do before?

So anyway joking aside, I know an intersection in the east SF Bay Area in Pinole that is almost certainly going to cause the beta to fail miserably. Anyone wanna go try it and get video? It's the sort of thing you don't see *super* commonly but will definitely need to be addressed if they ever want to do a real release.

Has anyone seen a beta FSD user (8.3 or 9) go through an intersection with a stoplight with covers around it or a railroad crossing??
100% of the time even on basic TACC I have issues with it stopping completely for traffic lights that are turned off or covered (on daily commute twice there are stop lights like this)— even when I tell it to proceed through. Then RR crossing it interprets only late as traffic light that is turned off and interestingly barrels through almost killing the undercarriage going over the tracks.
thanks!

Reactions: rxlawdude
… It's the sort of thing you don't see *super* commonly but will definitely need to be addressed if they ever want to do a real release.

Tesla does not need to work everywhere to do a real release. Maybe for Level 4 but Tesla could just warn the driver that they must take control in one to five seconds. Then FSD could bail from driving. Isn‘t that Level 3?

It‘s likely they are deciding how to deal with strange, difficult driving issues before the larger release.

This beta is a large improvement from the old releases. The future daytime videos and longer trips will help demonstrate how much it is improved… Should be fun to watch.

so maybe Two weeks for a larger release or more conservatively 4-8 weeks? It is frustrating to wait.

Tesla does not need to work everywhere to do a real release. Maybe for Level 4 but Tesla could just warn the driver that they must take control in one to five seconds. Then FSD could bail from driving. Isn‘t that Level 3?

It‘s likely they are deciding how to deal with strange, difficult driving issues before the larger release.

This beta is a large improvement from the old releases. The future daytime videos and longer trips will help demonstrate how much it is improved… Should be fun to watch.

so maybe Two weeks for a larger release or more conservatively 4-8 weeks? It is frustrating to wait.
I'd be shocked if they could give multiple seconds notice with this intersection.

Honestly just the entertainment value of seeing how badly it would screw it up would be fun