Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
let me clarify, then. if someone is making a video, I would really prefer seeing 2 people in the car so that the video guy can be the passenger and the driver can be 100% on the driving (road, some screen and hands near the wheel). let the guy who does not have the wheel do the yapping.

I think its fair. it puts a responsible driver behind the wheel and lets someone else entirely concentrate on talking and pointing at the LCD display, etc.

yeah, twice the staff. less of that sweet sweet ad-money if split multi ways. oh, such burdensome first-world problems.
Don't have to do that actually. The driver can narrate the video after going home (I believe some youtubers do this).

Sorry if this was posted. I catch most of the post but not all.

This 'gopro' with the FSD screen overlay is fantastic to me. It is timelapsed but watching in you can use the gear icon to slow it down to x0.5 speed or whatever (and turn sound down).

M3wCWYu.jpg

new DirtyTesla vid.

3:00 or so - strange moment. Car clearly sees and has mapped on the screen the lane ending but it drives like it’s going to run into the wall right after completing a right turn.

3:40 - impressive moment where the car sees the road is closed and re-routes on the fly instead of trying to make the turn anyway like in previous versions

unfortunately. That’s immediately followed with several disengagements where the car keeps trying to pass the van in front of it, presumably because it sees it as a stopped car and not a moving vehicle. whatever logic they’re using for to recognize stopped vehicles that need to be maneuvered around is a huge problem. This is one of the maneuvers that I think can be changed to require driver confirmation to facilitate a wider release.

4:15 - car doesn’t see a median on a left turn and is about to run right into it, driver disengages.

4:45 - car thinks a minivan is stopped in the road AGAIN and tries to pass it, this time by crossing the double yellows into an opposing lane of traffic.

5:50 - passing the same closed road, this time from the other side of the road, and it tries to turn, forcing an intervention. So it isn’t consistent.

Last edited:

new DirtyTesla vid.

3:00 or so - strange moment. Car clearly sees and has mapped on the screen the lane ending but it drives like it’s going to run into the wall right after completing a right turn.

3:40 - impressive moment where the car sees the road is closed and re-routes on the fly instead of trying to make the turn anyway like in previous versions

unfortunately. That’s immediately followed with several disengagements where the car keeps trying to pass the van in front of it, presumably because it sees it as a stopped car and not a moving vehicle. whatever logic they’re using for to recognize stopped vehicles that need to be maneuvered around is a huge problem. This is one of the maneuvers that I think can be changed to require driver confirmation to facilitate a wider release.

4:15 - car doesn’t see a median on a left turn and is about to run right into it, driver disengages.

4:45 - car thinks a minivan is stopped in the road AGAIN and tries to pass it, this time by crossing the double yellows into an opposing lane of traffic.

5:50 - passing the same closed road, this time from the other side of the road, and it tries to turn, forcing an intervention. So it isn’t consistent.

I know they have said there have been no accidents on FSD Beta but I don't believe it. I have seen too many of these split-second avoidance of crashes. There is no way some of these haven't been caught in time.

FSD wall.jpg

Reactions: Bladerskb
Smart Summon in this video still seems a bit hesitant and unsure IMO.
Is there any evidence at all that Smart Summon uses any the FSD Beta V9 code, or that there have been any improvements?

It seems so terrible (seems exactly the same as it was before to me, but maybe I haven’t been paying attention to the social media buzz about the super-secret Smart Summon build???) that it seems doubtful.

Then there are tweets like this (which may be a reference to Summon, rather than Smart Summon - but it is very unclear, of course):

Anyway, seems like people are imagining improvements here, for the most part. But, if social media has deemed that there are indeed improvements, please disabuse me of my quaint notions of Smart Summon stasis.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200