Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...wondering how many of the bad cornering problems would be fixed by having FSD disengage when the accelerator is pressed, just like when the brake is pressed. ...seems like a few of the videos I've seen where accompanied by words like, "I had to give it a little push..."
They should add a way for beta testers to turn the steering wheel before crossing into oncoming traffic.

...wondering how many of the bad cornering problems would be fixed by having FSD disengage when the accelerator is pressed, just like when the brake is pressed. ...seems like a few of the videos I've seen where accompanied by words like, "I had to give it a little push..."
That would be opposite of current functionality. You press the accelerator to make the car go (or go faster). You wouldn't expect it to disengage FSD/AP.

Let’s review: Tesla Down Load Button
1) Elon status on time lines, ugh yeah let’s skip that one.
2) Hmmm, how is it going to magically appear on our screens? Green The Only didn’t report seeing it in any code? I guess that means push out another software update. We all know how long that takes to cross the fleet, even if only the FSD purchased vehicles.
3) How does the backend work, you push on a button and it crosses the network to Tesla and a program was developed to recognize the button response and then enter the vin into the queue and then poll the car logs for a week, then anaylze the data and then make a decision and somehow now allow the vehicle to download the beta? Interesting. Seems like a good dry run feeder beta test for Tesla Texas Insurance future offer.
4) Let’s just wait and be surprised in the morning when Santa delivers us the button. I’d love to get it and I have had FSD since 2018, but realistically I don’t believe it is happening anytime soon. I’ve logged tons of miles on FSD and Autopilot, car is at 93K miles, but that and $5 will get me a cup of coffee.

Let’s review: Tesla Down Load Button
1) Elon status on time lines, ugh yeah let’s skip that one.
2) Hmmm, how is it going to magically appear on our screens? Green The Only didn’t report seeing it in any code? I guess that means push out another software update. We all know how long that takes to cross the fleet, even if only the FSD purchased vehicles.
3) How does the backend work, you push on a button and it crosses the network to Tesla and a program was developed to recognize the button response and then enter the vin into the queue and then poll the car logs for a week, then anaylze the data and then make a decision and somehow now allow the vehicle to download the beta? Interesting. Seems like a good dry run feeder beta test for Tesla Texas Insurance future offer.
4) Let’s just wait and be surprised in the morning when Santa delivers us the button. I’d love to get it and I have had FSD since 2018, but realistically I don’t believe it is happening anytime soon. I’ve logged tons of miles on FSD and Autopilot, car is at 93K miles, but that and $5 will get me a cup of coffee.
Mostly agree but I can get much more than a cup of coffee with $5

They should add a way for beta testers to turn the steering wheel before crossing into oncoming traffic.
I mean, there is one. They literally just turn the wheel, which disengages the system. If you mean they need a method to turn the wheel without disengaging the system, maybe? Does that really help with anything? Does trying to implement something like that screw with anything else and/or have any unintended consequences?

I mean, there is one. They literally just turn the wheel, which disengages the system. If you mean they need a method to turn the wheel without disengaging the system, maybe? Does that really help with anything? Does trying to implement something like that screw with anything else and/or have any unintended consequences?
That was the joke. :p
I do think that being to apply corrections without disengaging might help encourage people to be more proactive. My understanding is that's the way OpenPilot works. The only problem I can think of is that people might get confused about whether the system is on or not and the wheel torque driver monitoring wouldn't work.

That was the joke. :p
I do think that being to apply corrections without disengaging might help encourage people to be more proactive. My understanding is that's the way OpenPilot works. The only problem I can think of is that people might get confused about whether the system is on or not and the wheel torque driver monitoring wouldn't work.
Lol, your joke flew right over my dumb head. ROFL.

Excuse me Sir, may I have some Salt and Pepper with this Crow I now have to eat. 2021,32,22 loaded this morning, must of come in last night while I was sleeping. The request button is there, under Autopilot. If you're bored wait for it to get to the 60% mark and listen to the car. Yikes, thought it was turning into a transformer, or going to drive through my garage doors. Made sounds I never heard before.

IMG_6212.JPG
IMG_6213.JPG

• Love
Reactions: scottf200