Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean you hoped it will be worth $10K eventually. It clearly wasn't worth $10K a week ago when you had nothing.

If all you ever got was the SW you have today, would you pay $10K for it if asked today? Is it that game changing? Or are you assuming it will get better and that will somehow make it worth it?
I bought it with the expectation of getting what was already available + AP on city streets once it became available. If they continue to polish what is currently FSD beta but I never got anything beyond, I’d be okay with that.

Anything I get beyond AP on city streets I’ll consider a plus.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ramphex and SO16
I bought it with the expectation of getting what was already available + AP on city streets once it became available. If they continue to polish what is currently FSD beta but I never got anything beyond, I’d be okay with that.
Someone that bought in 2021 acting like everyone that bought FSD had the same availability of data they did.

But FSD was for sale literally 5 years ago, and most of those people that bought it then still have nothing for it except a ding at a stop light.

Anything I get beyond AP on city streets I’ll consider a plus.
As you should, given that's all Tesla advertised. However, for anyone pre-April 2019, they were promised MUCH more.

My question before- if AP on city streets got no better than it is TODAY, would it be worth $10K? Or are we still assuming it will get much better and that's why it's game changing and worth $10K? I mean, for 99% of people, it better get better than it is today given they aren't allowed to have it because they didn't win the lottery.

Someone that bought in 2021 acting like everyone that bought FSD had the same availability of data they did.

But FSD was for sale literally 5 years ago, and most of those people that bought it then still have nothing for it except a ding at a stop light.

As you should, given that's all Tesla advertised. However, for anyone pre-April 2019, they were promised MUCH more.

My question before- if AP on city streets got no better than it is TODAY, would it be worth $10K? Or are we still assuming it will get much better and that's why it's game changing and worth $10K? I mean, for 99% of people, it better get better than it is today given they aren't allowed to have it because they didn't win the lottery.
Did you buy FSD?

Hot off the presses.

1634077188940.png

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N
I very much like having fun with cars. But all the Tesla autonomy supporters breathlessly talk about how Tesla's L2 autonomy is super useful, or "Game changing." When asked how this exact release is useful beyond entertainment, there's just crickets. Because the car DID NOT drive you to work. It literally would have stopped if you had closed your eyes. You must be present. You must be attentive. You are responsible for accidents or tickets. It WILL kill you if you ignore these rules.

And please, do not tell anyone that your car drove itself. We're all in agreement that this is L2, and acting like a Tesla is autonomous is disingenuous, and dangerous, right? Everyone that crashes a Tesla thinking it could handle some situation by itself was an idiot for not understanding that.

Tell me, how has the game changed? Game changing is when my car can go park itself. When it can take my kids to school without me in it. When it can earn revenue by itself. But requiring you to be right in the same seat you always were, paying more attention than before? That's game changing? What game are we playing? I assumed we were playing the "environmentally conscious, affordable, safer than humans transportation with nobody in the driver's seat" game.

I get that it is very fun. If it was available to me, I'd use it all the time because it would be fun. But I would never tell someone that my car could drive itself, and the fact that it's taken 5 years to get to this point since Tesla showed us a video of a car doing even more than FSD currently can tells me that it's highly unlikely that a current Tesla will move from "entertaining" to "Game changing useful" in the next 5 years.

And don't forget the psychology trick Tesla has played on you- which is that you're in the "special" group that got the beta. They've created a have vs have not situation, which creates some very interesting defense mechanisms for the haves when they are questioned in any way. It's politics 101.

If Tesla gave the current FSD beta to every single Tesla owner, without manuals or communication like they did with you, would you feel comfortable driving or walking next to a Tesla on the road? If not, how has the game changed if it's only safe for 1,000 special people to use it, leaving 269,999,000 American drivers and 1,499,000 Teslas without it?
I am glad you agree that this is Game changing.

Wasn’t it supposed to be 1000 new participants a day since the beginning..
This is the actual tweet chain. From the tweet, Elon was expecting there would be thousands of people that would get 100/100 and so first few days they would still be that group. But it turns out that the total of people that got 100/100 were only ~1000 (AKA likely under 1000) in which case that went out the window (if they wanted the first few days to be only 100/100 people then obviously it won't be 1000/day). And a lot of people that got that score were gaming it anyways.

Last edited:
This is the actual tweet chain. From the tweet, Elon was expecting there would be thousands of people that would get 100/100 and so first few days they would still be that group. But it turns out that the total of people that got 100/100 were only ~1000 (AKA likely under 1000) in which case that went out the window (if they wanted the first few days to be only 100/100 people then obviously it won't be 1000/day). And a lot of people that got that score were gaming it anyways.
I inderstand that point of view. But still

You always try to revise history and cover for Elon and say well he actually meant when that’s complete total lie. You do this all the same. Everyone knew what Elon said and meant. You wait weeks later when it fails to try to correct the record as @Matias has pointed out

Reactions: am_dmd and jebinc
Elon was expecting there would be thousands of people that would get 100/100 and so first few days they would still be that group. But it turns out that the total of people that got 100/100 were only ~1000 (AKA likely under 1000) in which case that went out the window (if they wanted the first few days to be only 100/100 people then obviously it won't be 1000/day).
Called it. We're on stage two (although the last stage is happening too)
It's just that what will happen is 1K people will get it.
They will report many, many issues.
Someone will end up on the news.
Tesla will decide to hold back on more testers for a "foundational rewrite" that will fix the "known bugs". Elon will call these major new versions (11, 12, 13, etc)
This will repeat a few times. A few more people will get it now and then to keep the PR machine turning.
At some point they will go "single stack" like Elon has promised for months now. This will set the whole thing back about 6 months as a ton of new bugs are introduced on the highway, but will also give Elon an excuse not to send it wider, since that would make no sense given the big changes. More testing.
At some point the NTSB, senators, and local regulators will ask hard questions, and Tesla will squirm, but that won't really mean much.

I have been reading through all of the different threads about the FSD rollout, but I have yet to run across if we have received confirmation of anyone that has received 10.2 AFTER the Sunday night/Monday morning rollout? I am at 99 currently, but should make it to 100 by end of week (fingers crossed) but do we think that will do any good? Or am I stuck until the "maybe next week" rollout?

I have been reading through all of the different threads about the FSD rollout, but I have yet to run across if we have received confirmation of anyone that has received 10.2 AFTER the Sunday night/Monday morning rollout? I am at 99 currently, but should make it to 100 by end of week (fingers crossed) but do we think that will do any good? Or am I stuck until the "maybe next week" rollout?
I don't believe anyone has received the "Public beta release" since the initial wave. It does seem like the EAP/NDA testers may have received a non public release (.26) afterwards, however.

Reactions: momo3605