Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I should count my blessings for not having received it!
I still kind of think you'll receive it soon. But I think it should really be about FOMO here, and you having done what Tesla requested and not having them follow through, and wanting to participate in some small way in improving it, which should presumably motivate your desire to get it, rather than anything glorious about FSD Beta at the current time. It's definitely much much less stressful to drive yourself in all situations I have experienced so far, with the current state of the product!

10.2 works very well in suburby areas.

I haven't really found that to be the case and I am most definitely in a suburban area, not an urban area. It's hit and miss. If you want a smooth ride, it's a firm miss.

Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
The latest news.

1634269186041.png

Reactions: GeoffEV
With FSD as “bad” as some of you say, why would you want to get it so soon on your expensive new car?

Besides, others have been waiting much longer. And hopefully there’s a minimum distance driven required for that scoring system.

FSD Beta won't stay on one side of an unmarked road. It tries to center in the middle and only moves over when there is incoming traffic. This is a pretty big thing that Tesla needs to fix.

That’s another manifestation about the root cause which is, that the fsd doesn’t have any memory. Human understands, that if there were oncoming traffic ten seconds ago, this is a two way street.

The same can be seen in videos where it immediately forgets roads geometry if cameras are blocked.

That’s another manifestation about the root cause which is, that the fsd doesn’t have any memory. Human understands, that if there were oncoming traffic ten seconds ago, this is a two way street.

The same can be seen in videos where it immediately forgets roads geometry if cameras are blocked.
As another pointed out, it does have memory (at least the latest versions do). This was covered in AI day. However, this needs to be balanced with the need to quickly adapt to newer information. If it gets more info that suggests a different road structure, it needs to quickly update on that. It can't put too much weight on previous results or it won't be robust to correcting mistakes it may have made in the past.

Reactions: Matias