Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like it wouldn't be asking too much to come to an aggressive & bold, yet predictable, smooth gradual full stop at the line, using only regen, then continue to creep from there as needed (often there is need to creep). How hard can it possibly be to stop reliably at a certain point on the road and minimize jerk in doing so? (Apparently pretty difficult?)
On AP - the car was doing a fairly good job of stopping at the right place for stop signs - and slowing correctly.

I guess, that was "hand coded" instead of using any kind of cost-optimization.

In other words, now we have a "generic" planner that also handles stopping at signs - instead of a specific code that just handled that one action.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
You guys must be suffering from nostalgia. When I used autosteer on surface streets (I know; I know), it would wait way to long to start slowing down, to the point I wasn't sure it was going to. Then the initial deceleration was weak, followed sometimes by braking hard enough that abs kicked in. This was with cars stopped at the light ahead.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
This is showing a "huge" improvement vs 10.1, imo:

In 10.2 video above, basically no interventions needed...

In 10.1, car was very slow at Stop signs, especially this one (in 10.2 it performed perfectly...):

10.1, car got too close to bridge barrier, AND way too slow at Stop under bridge (10.2 performed perfectly):

Last edited:
  • Funny

Attachments

• IMG_2164.PNG
    IMG_2164.PNG
    300.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: EVNow
You guys must be suffering from nostalgia. When I used autosteer on surface streets (I know; I know), it would wait way to long to start slowing down, to the point I wasn't sure it was going to. Then the initial deceleration was weak, followed sometimes by braking hard enough that abs kicked in. This was with cars stopped at the light ahead.
No nostalgia for me. I did have the driving set to Chill, though.

It’s not just me, my children in the backseat also comment about this.

You don’t think there is a single useful route that Tesla can do in the entire USA? The Boring company literally dug tunnels just for 1 route.

So Waymo's 50 sq mile of unlimited routes (equivalent to 1,000 miles of road, aka all of SF) is a complete joke and a glorified train.
but the idea of Tesla's robot-taxi being Geofenced to 1 specific route in 2022 is mind-blowing?

giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
I think that's the worst one I've seen. I hope Tesla fixed this in 10.3... That is the type of collision that is harder to blame on the driver.
Path planner shows it trying to slip in front of the truck!
View attachment 724709
Hard to interpret your static photos, but my comment is that your picture suggests this truck was right on top of you.... yet there is no visualization of that truck in the display.

Hmm...

• Funny
Hard to interpret your static photos, but my comment is that your picture suggests this truck was right on top of you.... yet there is no visualization of that truck in the display.

Hmm...
The disadvantage of having people blocked maybe. It’s at ~3:10 in the video posted just above.

It thinks it can still make it around that truck! I feel like the path planner may not take into account the velocity of other vehicles? Seems like a bit of a limitation.

FFD6F896-486A-4DFD-B1D6-D370629C6F79.png

yet there is no visualization of that truck in the display.
Huh? The visualizations lag slightly, in this case at this speed it is by about one vehicle length. Visualization shows the truck right before the crosswalk, when it is in the crosswalk.

A little OT but don't want to start a new thread and not really applicable to the regular Safety Score threads.

The last 2 days my Stats App Safety Score has disappeared even though I'm on 32.25/10.2. Not a big deal but was surprised to see I was a 99 after Beta for a few days and would like to know where I stand today. Anyone else with Stats App/Beta seeing this?

IMG_9370.jpeg

• Informative
A little OT but don't want to start a new thread and not really applicable to the regular Safety Score threads.

The last 2 days my Stats App Safety Score has disappeared even though I'm on 32.25/10.2. Not a big deal but was surprised to see I was a 99 after Beta for a few days and would like to know where I stand today. Anyone else with Stats App/Beta seeing this?

View attachment 724726
I just checked, and I'm getting that exact same error dialog box.

Reactions: JulienW
It thinks it can still make it around that truck! I feel like the path planner may not take into account the velocity of other vehicles? Seems like a bit of a limitation.
The truck appears to have a slight angle in the visualization, maybe it thinks the truck is turning left?
Visualization definitely lags.

You never really know what you're going to get with computer vision neural nets. This one from "My Worst Drive Yet" at 30 seconds is interesting:
1635013875102.png

If you squint you can see how it got confused. Millions of drivable space labelings and they probably never did a guard rail that looked quite like this. My guess is it gets interpreted as a curb with a funky shadow next to it. A crutch would definitely help for situations like this!

View attachment 724726
I'm in a similar situation but on TeslaFi. I could follow my daily and cumulative safety score on TeslaFi even after I got 10.2. Like you, mine disappeared about two days ago. Just to confirm what many have reported, my score also disappeared from the Tesla app about two drives after I got the beta.

Reactions: JulienW
My score vanished from the app immediately after downloading 10.2, but still showed as 100 in TeslaFi. Once I drove the car with 10.2 in FSD, TelsaFi reported no safety data existed for me and that indicator arc disappeared from my current dashboard and any drives post download.

I was kinda hoping it would rate FSD on safety, coz that biotch drives crazy. Talk about hard braking and aggressive turning! I'm looking forward to watching my wife's reaction when she comes along - she'll scream. On a positive note, it did an excellent job giving way to oncoming residential traffic while steering around leaf piles. Stops signs are goofy. In my neighborhood, it stopped about 1 house away from the corner and did the creep forward, while the driver behind me was like WTF are you doing??? LOL.