Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have calibrated my cameras 3 times since I received FSD. Latest was this morning driving in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway which is Tesla's recommendation. Took about 10 miles. First two times I worked with Tesla and the mobile tech. I was told by the mobile tech that the cameras don't always calibrate to 100% but may still be considered completely calibrated. Second, Tesla told me my rear camera wasn't calibrated at all yet that didn't prevent FSD from running. I would think FSD would display some kind of error message but it never did. Rear camera problem was probably due to a bike rack I've since removed.
But to the larger point FSD didn't work better after any of the calibrations.

• Informative
Reactions: nvx1977
I have calibrated my cameras 3 times since I received FSD. Latest was this morning driving in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway which is Tesla's recommendation. Took about 10 miles. First two times I worked with Tesla and the mobile tech. I was told by the mobile tech that the cameras don't always calibrate to 100% but may still be considered completely calibrated. Second, Tesla told me my rear camera wasn't calibrated at all yet that didn't prevent FSD from running. I would think FSD would display some kind of error message but it never did. Rear camera problem was probably due to a bike rack I've since removed.
But to the larger point FSD didn't work better after any of the calibrations.
Yeah, I have to agree. I watched Dirty Tesla's video about recalibrating and decided to give it a shot. It seems just as bad. Phantom braking is really bad. Maybe that's just me? Also, I really cannot go far at all without disengaging. The first turn out of my neighborhood is at a stop sign where the cross traffic is going about 35-45 MPH and you have to be pretty much right at the stop sign to see each direction, but FSD beta will creep so far into the street its basically blocking the oncoming lane. Then it slooowwly creeps out and makes the turn. I'm a huge Tesla fan with high hopes for FSD beta, but my experience does not seem to line up with others out there.

Finally got Beta back. Took my car to the SC to fill up, and Beta finally calibrated the cameras when I got there. Took about 55 miles combined between yesterday and today. I was impressed when I left the SC. The car very smoothly made an unprotected left from a small alleyway onto a small ”street” that is actually a mall street separating the mall from the parking lot. it was the First time the car did the turn correctly, actually turning into the proper lane instead of the middle suicide lane like it always did before. Then it very smoothly turned left from the stop sign at a four way stop, properly waiting its turn while the cars that arrived first went through.

And then it very smoothly tried to drive through a red light, lol. It approached a red light and got into the left turn lane properly and slowed down. Instead of stopping dead at the stop line like usual, it crept way into the crosswalk before stopping, basically with the nose butting up against the far crosswalk line. I let it go because there was no one behind me and no pedestrians, with my foot ready to hit the brake if it creeped too far. Then it tried to go, lmao. I can only assume it thought it was at an unprotected left instead of the protected left the intersection actually was. To the car’s credit, it did properly wait for the cars in the street and the bus after them to pass before it tried to go, so if it was an unprotected left instead of a red light, the moment it decided to go was the perfect one. I hit the brake instead of running the red, and made the turn myself after I got the green arrow and then re-engaged, and Beta handled the rest of the drive home with zero issues.

Reactions: Ben W
Perhaps I missed it but I haven't seen this in any threads.
By the way 10.5 is expected to be 2021.36.8.7.

1637484558480.png

Last edited:
Roger does a good job on his videos. Here is his first look at 10.5.

Really seeing a demonstration here of "the system’s performance on unmarked residential roads, which some viewers have described as near-perfect. "

🤣

I guess strictly speaking it's true; some viewers probably have described it that way.

Really seeing a demonstration here of "the system’s performance on unmarked residential roads, which some viewers have described as near-perfect. "

🤣

I guess strictly speaking it's true; some viewers probably have described it that way.

Yeah it's a lot better. It doesn't hug center as much. I'd prefer it stay to the right a bit more, but this is definitely improved. For the most part, my left-side tires never cross the centerline anymore. On some turns, it will cut the corner a bit and cross, but I haven't seen it go completely into the oncoming side to cut a corner, like it used to do in 10.2-10.4.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier