Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also if you look the car's software uses the same basic nomenclature of Year.Week.version.subversion
Thanks. I do know that, what was not otherwise obvious to me were the map updates. After working overnight in emergency and driving 150 miles home I was just too tired to research this. I thought the map had updated but didn't know how to verify. Thanks for the help. What is obvious, after extensive TMC time, to many of us is not always obvious to everyone else. Anyway, cool, learned something new.......

NA (Navigation) 2021 (Year/AD) 44 (week in year/Nov) 13555 (likely a [sub] version/identifier number)
I think NA is for North America. Here is an "EU" example:

sdKAK9K.jpg

Map probably says no left turn. Report to TomTom.

ps : Check what routing TomTom does - that is one way to confirm its a mapping issue since TomTom doesn't show metadata like "no left turn" on the web.
I'm wondering whether making these changes in TomTom does anything to the navigation database. None of the changes I made (some of which were before you started your thread) show up. No new speed limits or missing roads. 🙁

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
I'm wondering whether making these changes in TomTom does anything to the navigation database. None of the changes I made (some of which were before you started your thread) show up. No new speed limits or missing roads. 🙁
I made some changes in Open Street Maps and there seems to be incorporated into the current update, but who the hell knows. I would think (not my strongest point
🙃
) that Tesla gets the Navigation Data from several sources and then does some type of aggregation. But again I may just be blowing smoke out my a$$.
🤣

• Funny
Reactions: PACEMD and EVNow
Wow - I was hoping TomTom changes would be incorporated. I've not yet got the new map to check.

Anyway we need a way to inform Tesla and for them to make map corrections quickly and push them ... within days.

Definite proof of FSD reversing. See around 1:00 ...

Not sure what is happening but it doesn't back up for any real gain. It luges forward and appears to roll back and ends up in about the same spot. Here is before and after and the car hasn't reversed any distance to amount to anything. So no real net gain other than maybe correcting the lunge forward.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 3.19.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 3.19.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bladerskb
I was looking for the "D" to change to "R" but couldn't see it.

Interesting question is, what happens if car is reversing and driver presses acceleration.

It clearly didn’t go into reverse. High resolution version shows no transition.
So presumably if overridden during the “backing” period it would still move forward (probably the safest choice?). This occurred on a substantial downhill, so the car definitely appeared to be applying some torque in reverse. But it was not “shifting” to reverse (of course, it is not necessary for it to do so).

The brake pedal is displaying some sort of spastic behavior (not surprisingly). Must have been very smooth. :rolleyes: