Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSDb on similar situations on local streets don't exhibit this behavior anymore, so I think when single-stack is released, the issue will be gone for highways.
Maybe. While it's clearly different, there are a lot of situations (maybe not identical to the one pictured) where FSDb (b) still has problems with correct lane positioning, so I think there's still going to be confusion at times.

Reactions: DanCar
FSDb on similar situations on local streets don't exhibit this behavior anymore, so I think when single-stack is released, the issue will be gone for highways.
FSDb swerves right when crossing intersections when in the right lane, so I’m not convinced that approach alone would solve it fully. It’s a bit better in 10.11.2 though so maybe further improvements to the new lane logic will help

Reactions: DanCar
Maybe. While it's clearly different, there are a lot of situations (maybe not identical to the one pictured) where FSDb (b) still has problems with correct lane positioning, so I think there's still going to be confusion at times.

I won’t say it doesn’t - more like, not all the time.

I’ve specific areas near me where half the time it does it.

Yeah I think the times it seems to swerve on local roads, it's more of a "pick the wrong lane" failure rather than trying to be strict about staying in the center of the space that has opened up, which is the root cause of the problem on the highway. FSDb demonstrates often that staying in the center of the lane is a guideline, not a rule.

Reactions: momo3605
Yeah I think the times it seems to swerve on local roads, it's more of a "pick the wrong lane" failure rather than trying to be strict about staying in the center of the space that has opened up, which is the root cause of the problem on the highway. FSDb demonstrates often that staying in the center of the lane is a guideline, not a rule.
I used to think so too. Not so sure anymore ... in a couple of places it always swerves to the middle and selects the correct lane.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Apologies if this has already been posted but here is TechGeek Tesla testing FSD beta in heavy thunderstorm, heavy winds and tornado warnings:

Personally, I don't think it is smart to be testing FSD Beta in these conditions.

Interestingly here car sees, that it is going to hit the curb..

Tesla1.jpg

Interestingly here car sees, that it is going to hit the curb..

View attachment 833722
What do you mean? I don’t think it did think it was going to hit it. It did show a couple cones but I didn’t see anything in the visualizations indicating it was going to hit the curb.

Probably not enough training on sharp cornered curbs sticking into the road or something. The visualization was all rounded off.

Perception just not good enough.

Looks like quite a few people don’t have good enough perception either, though definitely should not hit this curb. Looks pretty black. Where is this? I see Ave Z but don’t follow all the YouTubers or whatever the video is sourced from.

Last edited:
What do you mean? I don’t think it did think it was going to hit it. It did show a couple cones but I didn’t see anything in the visualizations indicating it was going to hit the curb......
Looks like the car is "predicting" a hit. Maybe it was "spook" by the van beside it or maybe the van even weaved towards it.

EDIT: Matias beat me to it.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 6.41.11 AM.png

Reactions: Matias
Looks like the car is "predicting" a hit. Maybe it was "spook" by the van beside it or maybe the van even weaved towards it.

View attachment 833732
Where is the prediction? What specifically is the indicator? Curbs are always red and there is a cone here so it is definitely visualizing that.

I just don’t see it. Need a bigger original video of course then it should be easier to tell. Tesla guy in New York.