Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta vs. “born with software” comparo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, about 7 hours ago, I bid farewell to my 2020 MY FSD Beta car. I took delivery of a 2022 MY w/FSD. A few observations:

The “born with AP software” on the 2022 seems to do a better job keeping the car in its lane over the 10.11.2 (2022.4.5.21FSD) software. Especially on right hand curves. Car slows down like it should, and accelerates out of curves like it should. Almost like it did on 2020.48.5. Surprisingly pleasant and confident to drive. Zero “phantom braking” for the 25mile drive I did (so far).

Miss the beta though, even with its quirky actions, but this “build” is pretty good. Really surprised. If they could port the cornering behavior to the FSD stack, they’d have a winner in my eyes.

Traveled a road FSD had a hard time staying in the lane this evening, this build handled it very well. Still
have to see how NoA is tomorrow, but so far, so good!

Reactions: Silicon Desert
So, about 7 hours ago, I bid farewell to my 2020 MY FSD Beta car. I took delivery of a 2022 MY w/FSD. A few observations:

The “born with AP software” on the 2022 seems to do a better job keeping the car in its lane over the 10.11.2 (2022.4.5.21FSD) software. Especially on right hand curves. Car slows down like it should, and accelerates out of curves like it should. Almost like it did on 2020.48.5. Surprisingly pleasant and confident to drive. Zero “phantom braking” for the 25mile drive I did (so far).

Miss the beta though, even with its quirky actions, but this “build” is pretty good. Really surprised. If they could port the cornering behavior to the FSD stack, they’d have a winner in my eyes.

Traveled a road FSD had a hard time staying in the lane this evening, this build handled it very well. Still
have to see how NoA is tomorrow, but so far, so good!
I'll be doing something similar. Ordered a Model Y without FSD, so just the freebie Autopilot.
I'm glad I have FSD and the beta on my Model 3, but realized I don't need/want it on the Model Y.
Hoping against hope that they get around to offering EAP (Enhanced AutoPilot) again - that was the ideal combination for me.

Reactions: pilotSteve