Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD button is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now have 6 to 7 days of Score days. Current Score of 89..
When can I expect to be allowed in, or FSD unlocked ?

has any one actually got FSD now after 7 days ?

As per Elon tweet, it has been pushed back a week to coincide with 10.2 software. Also, access given to about 1000 users a day, starting with scores of 100, then 99, etc. It could be quite a while before 89 is reached.

Where is everyone seeing their safety score? I pushed the button as soon as it was available and after at least a week I still don't see that selection on the app. Android app is up to date.
My understanding is we need one version newer than is available on the play store.

I tried to share my data with the teslafi leader board, but so far, no score there either.

• Informative
Reactions: laservet
I now have 6 to 7 days of Score days. Current Score of 89..
When can I expect to be allowed in, or FSD unlocked ?

has any one actually got FSD now after 7 days ?
There are a bunch of articles posted about Elon's reply. Currently planned for 10.8. He said will start at top scores and then roll out counting down. No idea what that means, my Universal Translator pukes when I try to apply it to Elon tweets. :eek:

Are you also one of those that think the moon landing was staged back in 1969 ;) No, it is not a BS game, but since it is not a perfect system, I can see why people have various theories. ;)
Haha, well played. 😂 No, I am not the one to doubt the moon landing as I make a living in the engineering field. I am just tired of the fact that the owners have to jump through more hoops to get what we paid for, period.

Haha, well played. 😂 No, I am not the one to doubt the moon landing as I make a living in the engineering field. I am just tired of the fact that the owners have to jump through more hoops to get what we paid for, period.
Yeah agreed. I’ve discovered it’s impossible to score high while driving in the city, have resigned myself to continue to wait…. ☹️

My record high is 100 - driving when there was nobody around on suburban back roads.

My record low is 16 - driving on highways with bad traffic. I did not use the brakes at all (just regen) even though people were switching lanes like crazy.

I cannot imagine folks can consistently get good scores in bad highway traffic.

If you have a low score, shouldn’t the FSD make you a safer driver? I would argue that Tesla should start with the worst scores and go up to improve the overall safety on the roads.

I've gone about 500 miles since scoring started. I was sitting pretty at 100 until I had 2 people cut me off at the last second on my morning commute today. Both triggered forward collision warnings because it was on a local street without AP. Now I'm at a 98. I've put in so much effort, I really am bummed about it. I live among "aggressive" drivers in my part of New Jersey (Bergen/Essex/Hudson), so I've really had to put effort into maintaining a 100. I even drove through Manhattan without penalty. I pay attention. LOL, I'm so angry!

Where is everyone seeing their safety score? I pushed the button as soon as it was available and after at least a week I still don't see that selection on the app. Android app is up to date.
Looked on Google Play this morning, no update. Just went to the Tesla web site, Support, and followed the link there to Google Play and the update was available. So far after 11 days my cumulative score is 94. I haven't been driving differently, did well on everything except following distance and got dinged nearly every day for that.

See what Elon has made us do?? This is, in a sense, took all the "freedom" and normal day of driving enjoyment away from us. Instead of focusing on the road, we have to worry about not making aggressive turns and not following cars closely (defined by Tesla, not best practice or in accordance to flow of traffic, mind you). This is why I am calling BS on this scoring system to get ahead in the queue.

See what Elon has made us do?? This is, in a sense, took all the "freedom" and normal day of driving enjoyment away from us. Instead of focusing on the road, we have to worry about not making aggressive turns and not following cars closely (defined by Tesla, not best practice or in accordance to flow of traffic, mind you). This is why I am calling BS on this scoring system to get ahead in the queue.
One's own ego in getting to the head of the line is the only driving force here, Musk didn't force anyone to do anything. Personally I find it humorous. I drive as I normally would, may get the update a little later than others who drive on eggshells in an attempt to be first. If you aren't focusing on the road I'm calling BS on you. ;)

One's own ego in getting to the head of the line is the only driving force here, Musk didn't force anyone to do anything. Personally I find it humorous. I drive as I normally would, may get the update a little later than others who drive on eggshells in an attempt to be first. If you aren't focusing on the road I'm calling BS on you. ;)
LOL, tou-che! 😁 All I am saying is, it's yet another dictator-like move for one person to autonomously determine whether or not the owners "deserve" a product that we have already paid for.

Here's a simple example, if I go to a fast food joint to order a mound of chili fries with cheese (wittingly unhealthy), they can't ask for my cholesterol numbers or if I had any previous heart conditions. Or even whether or not I've been eating healthy the past week to see if I am ok to order the said mound of chili fries.

Not about ego, as I don't have a problem waiting my turn like everyone else. But rather, I am in extreme disagreement as to how FSD is being delivered. 🙄😖

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
LOL, tou-che! 😁 All I am saying is, it's yet another dictator-like move for one person to autonomously determine whether or not the owners "deserve" a product that we have already paid for.

Here's a simple example, if I go to a fast food joint to order a mound of chili fries with cheese, they don't ask for my cholesterol numbers and any previous heart conditions I might have. Or even whether or not I've been eating healthy the past week to see if I am ok to order the said mound of chili fries.

Not about ego, as I don't have a problem waiting my turn like everyone else. But rather I am in extreme disagreement as to how FSD is being delivered. 🙄😖
I agree, have paid for FSD twice would like to get a more finished product soon. Though to be fair in your example the fast food joint doesn’t make the news or get sued if you drop dead. A fiery death gets more eyes than congestive heart failure… 😉

Reactions: laservet
Yes, only events that happen during the 10 miles off autopilot are used to calculate your safety score, except for forward collision warnings, which includes autopilot driven miles in its "fcw events per 1000 miles" calculation. And then yes, they weight the full 130 miles driven that day into the "daily miles weighted average" total. Its specifically says so in the FAQ:

------------
Miles driven while Autopilot is engaged is used to determine the Forward Collision Warnings per 1,000 Miles. Miles driven on Autopilot are also considered when calculating the mileage-weighted Safety Score.
------------

You got the 50% ding for something that happened outside of autopilot. And....with 50%....I would assume it was for an event that didn't happen long. Similar to geech72, you probably had 1 "out of autopilot" following event (you were following a car within 3 seconds), and half of that time was within 1 second. For example, you just happened to be out of autopilot, and a car cuts in front of you for 2 seconds, but 1 second of that time was in the "danger" zone of being closer than 1 following second, so your WHOLE score is 50% "bad" for that trip.
So, getting back to this; I think you are right and this is the formula they are attempting to articulate in the FAQ. However, it’s not what is actually happening in the app. I had the same thing happen on Sunday coming home from the weekend and here is the actual data from my app by trip.

I estimated (conservatively) that I used autopilot for 90% of the last two trips which puts my eligible miles at 9.25 for those two trips and 78.68 for the day.

The first thing that stands out is that the FAQ is not accurate; the program is not taking a daily average and weighting it by total miles it appears to be going a tick lower and taking a trip average and weighting that to aggregate to a daily measure. If you were to take the sum of close following miles on the day and divide by the sum of eligible miles, the average would be much lower at 11.75%. By taking a trip average and weighting it up to a day aggregation the metric overstates materially the daily average.
2nd even if you use the process as it is described in the FAQ the figure presented in the app (55.2%) is 1300 bps too high. So, I suspect there is some different level of granularity at which the calculations are being applied.

If I were part of designing this metric I would not have approved of the aggregation methodology that was described in the FAQ. If we are going to discard a portion of the data for measurement then discard it for the aggregation as well. Again this is all completely irrelevant; I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I won’t be part of the beta because I’d rather enjoy driving my car over trying to game a measurement system. I just enjoy trying to decomp the calc, which is probably why I work in FP&A.

Attachments

• 0F41EF4F-1E57-4F33-B83F-72BDC0CDC47E.png
    0F41EF4F-1E57-4F33-B83F-72BDC0CDC47E.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 72

Here's a simple example, if I go to a fast food joint to order a mound of chili fries with cheese (wittingly unhealthy), they can't ask for my cholesterol numbers or if I had any previous heart conditions. Or even whether or not I've been eating healthy the past week to see if I am ok to order the said mound of chili fries.
But in your fast food example, if they are offering their testers a new version of their chili fries with cheese, they don't need to offer your their new improved "test" version of the fries, they only owe you the production version they give to everyone else. (How they select their testers is none of your business, they can do that any way they please.)

The same with FSD. You currently have all of the FSD features that have been released. You aren't owed the "limited early release" of FSD. Once it goes to full release you will get it, regardless of your safety score.