Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD button is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But in your fast food example, if they are offering their testers a new version of their chili fries with cheese, they don't need to offer your their new improved "test" version of the fries, they only owe you the production version they give to everyone else. (How they select their testers is none of your business, they can do that any way they please.)

The same with FSD. You currently have all of the FSD features that have been released. You aren't owed the "limited early release" of FSD. Once it goes to full release you will get it, regardless of your safety score.
You’re a serious downer dude…. 😉

But in your fast food example, if they are offering their testers a new version of their chili fries with cheese, they don't need to offer your their new improved "test" version of the fries, they only owe you the production version they give to everyone else. (How they select their testers is none of your business, they can do that any way they please.)

The same with FSD. You currently have all of the FSD features that have been released. You aren't owed the "limited early release" of FSD. Once it goes to full release you will get it, regardless of your safety score.
That's a fair statement, but again, I am speaking to it holistically. The selection process for the testers, in this case, a group of really "healthy" individuals, don't necessarily represent the masses. To gather fair amounts of data, you need data from both extremes along with everyone else who falls in the middle. The fact that Tesla want to "front load" the data with more good scores is like providing false positives for a vaccine.

Last edited:
That's a fair statement, but again, I am speaking to it holistically. The selection process for the testers, in this case, a group of really "healthy" individuals, don't necessarily represent the masses. To gather fair amounts of data, you need data from both extremes along with everyone else who falls in the middle. The fact that Tesla want to "front load" the data with more good scores is like providing false positives for a vaccine.
I think it's more like a vaccine roll out that gives the oldest population access first as it's lower risk vs the benefits. Tesla is trying to lower the chances of a serious accident or death from FSD Beta roll out as that would set back City Streets public release far more than anything else. The previous early access program was already lucky to not have experienced that so far.

Hello, wondering if I was to turn off my button to clear my safety score (as spouse drove one day with score of 74, meanwhile my driving every day is 99 or 100) so I could then reenable... would the score recalculate with new data? And would I need to wait another week?

Hello, wondering if I was to turn off my button to clear my safety score (as spouse drove one day with score of 74, meanwhile my driving every day is 99 or 100) so I could then reenable... would the score recalculate with new data? And would I need to wait another week?
Doesn’t sound likely. That would be like saying only some of the people in the house drive this car safely?

Reactions: xhawk101
ios15. Windows11. All were out in beta to beta testers long before the public release. Tesla is also a software company, but unlike Apple and Microsoft they don't have to worry about a glitch in their new OS or an irresponsible user cannot cause a public safety issue.

The argument of being entitled to everything that Tesla has in beta is as ridiculous as saying everyone should get a new beta of IOS for their iPhones before it's ready for public release simply because they paid for the iPhone.

Reactions: laservet