Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD camera upgraded - now how to get beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model S with HW 3.0 installed but still on MCU1 I just got the new cameras installed today but also see no option. Where do you see the safety score in the phone App. It does not show up for me. Also what version of firmware are you sunning? mine is 2021.24.28 and it says it is up to date. My wife’s model Y from 2021 is on firmware 2022.16.2.

Where do you see the safety score in the phone App
It's one of the main menu items, but only if you have an FSD Beta "opt in" picked on the autopilot section on the cars menu. Not sure whether or not you can opt in with MCU1. Do you see it in your app for the MY? That will definitely have the opt-in button.
My wife’s model Y from 2021 is on firmware 2022.16.2.
That's higher than the current FSDB release, which I understand means you now need to wait for the next FSDB release - they don't "downgrade" software levels. Maintain a good SS on this car with at least 100 AP miles monthly until you get FSDB.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
Have you paid for FSD, or are you paying monthly for FSD? If so, have you requested the beta on the autopilot page in the car?
If you have Tesla insurance, you can enable safety score by clicking on the person icon in the app then the "Account" button, then the "Insurance" button to find the safety score option.

I have a 2017 Model X and upgrade MCU2. Is it an absolute requirement to upgrade the cameras? How much does it cost?
Someone speak up if I'm off on the timing.

You need the AP3 computer for sure to get FSDB. I believe the new cameras came from Tesla starting in September '17, based on build date. If built before then, you need the new cameras.

Both AP3 and new cameras are free if you have purchased FSD, bit not if you do monthly.