Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD City release date keeps getting pushed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The website absolutely said Autosteer on City Streets was coming “later this year” back in 2020.
Well I'm 100% sure it didn't when I ordered in late 2020, it just said "upcoming". Again I posted the screen shot and internet archive link!

Feel free to post your screen shot where it said "later this year" for Autosteer on City Streets. Maybe you are thinking about the traffic light control, which was released in mid-2020 (so it makes sense if it said "later this year")?

Last edited:
Well I'm 100% sure it didn't when I ordered in late 2020, it just said "upcoming". Again I posted the screen shot and internet archive link!

Feel free to post your screen shot where it said "later this year" for Autosteer on City Streets. Maybe you are thinking about the traffic light control, which was released in mid-2020 (so it makes sense if it said "later this year")?
Here are the screenshots of April 2019 and 2020 claiming of city street driving coming this year (2019) which got changed to upcoming (April 2020)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210131-055841.png
    Screenshot_20210131-055841.png
    422.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20210131-055929.png
    Screenshot_20210131-055929.png
    391 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Actually till March 2020 Tesla sold automatic city driving as coming later this year and got called out for lying blatantly. They changed the wording in April 2020 to upcoming (as per above screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210131-061145.png
    Screenshot_20210131-061145.png
    432.3 KB · Views: 115
Not right I saw Waymo car with peoples on bord that stop autonomous control if strong rain and sometimes with light rain If you saw the last video with strong rain of Tesla no problem. The problem is on auto pilot 1.0

Lidar is not the reason Waymo stopped those autonomous drives.

And a 3 mn video of FSD Beta handling an empty road in the rain does not mean that it is 100% reliable to go driverless in the rain.

Last edited:
I’m not surprised by the delays. How could I be when I have a 2016 and 2018 both with FSD purchased and have lost count of all of the unmet promises. However, I am still a little surprised Tesla bumped the price to $10,000 for FSD several months ago unless they too expected to have a broader release of the FSD Beta by now.

When they do finally have the FSD product ready for wide release they better get it right. Currently they are still the best game in town for electric cars but that fact could well change in the next couple years and perhaps already has happened in Europe. I realize Superchargers should continue to give them an edge for several years but beyond that they will need FSD to be great if they expect to keep beating the big boys.

Forget city driving which at least says "upcoming" (rather than "coming later this year" since April 2020) so it could be tomorrow or years later but as per Tesla summon is working perfectly and your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
Here are the screenshots of April 2019 and 2020 claiming of city street driving coming this year (2019) which got changed to upcoming (April 2020)
Ok, I see the issue, it had both:
"Recognize and Respond to traffic lights and stop signs" (aka Traffic light control)
and the Autosteer in cities under the same heading.

The traffic lights was late for 2019, but did come out in late April 2020. And leading up to that they put "upcoming" for it and city autosteer and had that for well over half a year, then changed to "later this year" at 1/27-1/28/2021.
Tesla releases new, highly anticipated Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature - Electrek

That's still way different from how you characterized that they had city autosteer specifically as "coming later this year" since 2019 (also explains why I didn't see that when I ordered my car in 2020).

Elon's estimated timelines on twitter had been pushed back multiple times, however in terms of official promised release dates for city autosteer from the order page, currently it only says "coming later this year". Previously there was no timeline promised at all, it only said "upcoming". So technically, if you go by official timelines, there was no push back, with the only official release timeline being some time this year.

Wrong. Last year, it said coming by end of year.

Reactions: am_dmd
Forget city driving which at least says "upcoming" (rather than "coming later this year" since April 2020) so it could be tomorrow or years later but as per Tesla summon is working perfectly and your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really :rolleyes:

Even better, it also claimed this ability in April 2019, a good six months before smart summon was even publically released.

Reactions: am_dmd
Is it me or is the FSD City release date keep getting pushed back?
Seems like this goal post moving keeps getting moved to new
dates all the time.

They can’t release a software update without breaking things so my trust level on FSD is nonexistent. But yea, they are constantly moving the goal posts while simultaneously increasing the price. It will be ready by 2025 for $30k.

• Disagree
Reactions: APotatoGod
Wrong. Last year, it said coming by end of year.
There was already discussion on this and I and others posted the screenshots. It said "later this year" for the section with traffic light control and autosteer in cities earlier in the year. In April 2020 it changed to "upcoming" (also what I saw when I ordered my car in October 2020). Traffic light control came out in late April. When Autosteer in Cities was the only item left, it said "upcoming" up until 1/26-1/27/2021.

You can check all this in internet archive if you don't believe my screen shots. You guys are making it out as if I made up the "upcoming" part, when it said that for most of the year last year and it said that when autosteer in cities was the only item (so no ambiguity about if it was referring to traffic light control).

Last edited:
Elon's estimated timelines on twitter had been pushed back multiple times, however in terms of official promised release dates for city autosteer from the order page, currently it only says "coming later this year". Previously there was no timeline promised at all, it only said "upcoming". So technically, if you go by official timelines, there was no push back, with the only official release timeline being some time this year.

It said "later this year" in 2019 I believe, and it *absolutely* said it in 2020 at some point.

• Informative
You can check all this in internet archive if you don't believe my screen shots. You guys are making it out as if I made up the "upcoming" part, when it said that for most of the year last year and it said that when autosteer in cities was the only item (so no ambiguity about if it was referring to traffic light control).

Irrespective of what it may have said for most of the year, it definitely said "later this year" for at least part of 2020.

Irrespective of what it may have said for most of the year, it definitely said "later this year" for at least part of 2020.
It said it when traffic light control was not out yet. When it came out in April 2020 and city autosteer was the only item left, it changed to upcoming. Anyways, the current timeline as of 1/27-1/28/2021 is later this year for city autosteer.

It said it when traffic light control was not out yet. When it came out in April 2020 and city autosteer was the only item left, it changed to upcoming. Anyways, the current timeline as of 1/27-1/28/2021 is later this year for city autosteer.
Are you concluding from above screenshots that coming later this year was for "traffic light" and upcoming was for "city driving"?
Screenshots clearly proves they have been advertising and charging customers for both of these features since 2019.
Again this is nothing new and they have been selling fsd since 2016.

Is it me or is the FSD City release date keep getting pushed back?
Seems like this goal post moving keeps getting moved to new
dates all the time.

Nooooo, is it true?:eek:

Jokes aside, bought my S in 2017 with FSD, and they have been telling us every day since that they just waiting for regulatory approval, and keeps shrinking what's included in the FSD package and abilities...

• Informative