Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD City release date keeps getting pushed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or is the FSD City release date keep getting pushed back?
Seems like this goal post moving keeps getting moved to new
dates all the time.
Elon's estimated timelines on twitter had been pushed back multiple times, however in terms of official promised release dates for city autosteer from the order page, currently it only says "coming later this year". Previously there was no timeline promised at all, it only said "upcoming". So technically, if you go by official timelines, there was no push back, with the only official release timeline being some time this year.

dates all the time.

Someone (probably here) said to take Elon's estimates, square them, and then halve your expectations. That seems fairly close to the mark. So if Elon promised FSD on City Streets by the end of 2020 back in October, that's 3 months. Squared that's 9 months (June). Halve the expectations (lots of interrupts and driver-involvement), I figure we'll have a nerfed version of City Streets FSD in June.

FSD is coming soon since December 2016 but it's the regulators holding us back
I know people are all about the memes, but for accuracy, there was actually a discussion on this in the other thread.
It said something that suggested that early on (found screenshot), but that was changed a while ago to similar to what we have today.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5297438/
City driving fsd is coming later this year since 2019 but fanboys will say Tesla never specified the year.
Citation required. Certainly when I ordered my Model 3 in late 2020 it didn't say that, it said "upcoming" (as I mentioned in other thread, I always take screenshots of everything I order):
Autosteer.jpg

From what I can find in internet archive "Coming later this year" for city autosteer was only added around 1/27-1/28/2021.
Design Your Model 3 | Tesla
As of 1/26/2021 it still said "Upcoming":

Attachments

• Autosteer.jpg
    Autosteer.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 51
I know people are all about the memes, but for accuracy, there was actually a discussion on this in the other thread.
It said something that suggested that early on (found screenshot), but that was changed a while ago to similar to what we have today.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5297438/

Citation required. Certainly when I ordered my Model 3 in late 2020 it didn't say that, it said "upcoming" (as I mentioned in other thread, I always take screenshots of everything I order):
View attachment 632177
From what I can find in internet archive "Coming later this year" for city autosteer was only added around 1/27-1/28/2021.
As of 1/26/2021 it still said "Upcoming":
The website absolutely said Autosteer on City Streets was coming “later this year” back in 2020.

Another missed date. Along with the full holiday update, FSD re-write, etc

dates all the time.

Uh.... you must be new here. Let me help you. Anytime you want to know when FSD will be released you actually have two options:

1. Look at the calendar. Note the current year. FSD will be released later in <fill in the year you noted>. Repeat as necessary.
2. Refer to twitter. Look up Elon's post from Jan 23, 2017. You will see that Elon says "3 months maybe, 6 months definitely" ...four years ago. Then, drink the kool-aid, which makes you forget the year in that post, and come on here and bash anyone who posts anything negative about Elon, FSD, Tesla, or about the fact they paid thousands of dollars years ago for something Tesla has yet to deliver.

Just like Advanced summon. Elon said it was coming end of 2018. End of 2018 some people got it. Most of us didn't get it till April. I believe it's the same for FSD. I would be surprised to get it before that. I think at least until the rain and snow season is over. Less risk during a summer roll out.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
It actually said "later this year 2019" first then it got changed to "later this year 2020". it got pushed back twice now.

I don't understand how this doesn't bother more people..FSD price has basically doubled since then. The last good feature auto lane change came out almost 2 years ago if i'm not mistaken. I don't consider the chime on green or traffic light awareness where you still have the let the car know to proceed great breakthroughs.

I guess maybe cause the money was spent years ago and at the lower price point its less annoying. I don't know.

Let me ask owners who use AP, would you sit in the back seat of a driverless Tesla? I would NOT. Its so far from ready, I think it will take the old "miracle happens here" event.

do we need new radar in 2020 MY to have a chance?

Hell no! It's no where close to ready, sadly. Just watch the Beta videos. Still so many things it can't handle. I wish I could get my FSD money back. I don't think it's EVER going past Beta with the current hardware.