Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD City release date keeps getting pushed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have now more than 1000 car running the beta version they increase it on every new release.

Totally not interesting...
They promised speedsign recognition in 2019, still not arrived. But my old Ford have it...
Sign recognition is one of the widely most used systems in everything from cop cars to toll roads, factories, etc. So really weird they haven't even mastered this...

Even with hw3 it still won't engage windshield wipers when it should in the rain, then starts complaining with messages about poor visibility.

So spare me the snake oil, the jokes are on me, I bought FSD...
And there is NONE in FSD beta in Europe or my country Norway...

I absolutely hates when driving my car with autopilot engaged in 110kmh on the highway, and then it suddenly slams the brake because the old map data shows it was a construction road with 40kmh there 7 years ago. Seems totally uninterested to what it sees in the cameras, a highway with 110kmh signs...

It isn't just waiting for the regulatory approval, it needs more development.

I still love the idea, and support it, but as of now, it isn't a product worth the money for the regular consumers...

They promised speedsign recognition in 2019, still not arrived. And there is NONE in FSD beta in Europe or my country Norway...
Specifically about speed sign detection, does it work on local streets? Camera based detection was added in 2020.36 back in August/September as "Speed Assist Improvements."

Then only for US, 2020.40 releases additionally read highway speed signs in October. It is quite frustrating that this hasn't gotten to more regions -- do highway speed limits look different or have additional modifiers? I suppose October was when FSD beta started going out to US owners, so perhaps Autopilot team has been focused on addressing issues there as top priority.

So I see a subscription for FSD is launching now in just a few short months. That should provide a new stream of revenue for Tesla so I bet that goal post will not get moved. FSD in the city to arrive later this year, bet that gets moved. :)

"Autosteer on city streets" doesn't promise making 90-degree hard turns, just like highway autosteer doesn't.

As a mostly city driver (San Francisco), being gradual about new features is fine by me. Just making the
transition from working on lane-marked streets only to single-lane ones (on gentle curves) and navigating
around (instead of panic-stopping for) pedestrians, open car doors, double-parked cars, etc. is a huge leap.

Too many folks here assume that all the features being tested on FSD beta like unprotected left
turns will appear in the initial release of city auto steer.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
"Autosteer on city streets" doesn't promise making 90-degree hard turns, just like highway autosteer doesn't.

As a mostly city driver (San Francisco), being gradual about new features is fine by me. Just making the
transition from working on lane-marked streets only to single-lane ones (on gentle curves) and navigating
around (instead of panic-stopping for) pedestrians, open car doors, double-parked cars, etc. is a huge leap.

Too many folks here assume that all the features being tested on FSD beta like unprotected left
turns will appear in the initial release of city auto steer.
Maybe if somebody would stop staying full self driving by the end of the year people would stop jumping to conclusions.

There is a variety of definition here of “FSD” and of resulting expectations for that definition. Myself, I’m happy to receive the beta button for City Streets Nav here in a few days. Not expecting “level 5”, just the stuff I currently see being tested. That would make me smile.

There is a variety of definition here of “FSD” and of resulting expectations for that definition. Myself, I’m happy to receive the beta button for City Streets Nav here in a few days. Not expecting “level 5”, just the stuff I currently see being tested. That would make me smile.
Really? The latest updates show FSD being extremely dangerous for left turns in particular