Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD computer HW3 or HW2.5 tracking sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have teslafi or a mildly technical mind, I think you can check the option codes your car returns via the Tesla api

Option Codes
Except, its pretty well known that the option codes for model 3 are not fully accurate. Teslafi (which is polling the api) can not tell hardware 2.5 vs hardware 3 model 3s (it can for s and x but not model 3).

Since this is the model 3 forum, for the relevant audience of this forum, the option codes for this are not going to help.

Except, its pretty well known that the option codes for model 3 are not fully accurate. Teslafi (which is polling the api) can not tell hardware 2.5 vs hardware 3 model 3s (it can for s and x but not model 3).

Since this is the model 3 forum, for the relevant audience of this forum, the option codes for this are not going to help.

TeslaFI still reports my X as AP2.5, but it's definitely AP3. So no, TeslaFI can't always correctly identify an S or X with AP3 hardware either.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I have created a google sheet to try and get more data of model variant software version and part no they have here

Model 3 HW3 computers

Hopefully more data will help make sense of whats going on.

On the features spreadsheet Model 3 HW3 computers, I see an attempt to find harmony in hardware and software versions, release dates, model, and features for various regions of the world.

That may be futile as different regions and jurisdictions have different approvals for various features and aspects of autonomous driving. You will need to think in 3 dimensions like Martians and Elon to make a sense of it all. Sometimes Elon allows you to choose the correct features yourself as seen in the release of different engine sounds for different regions. Goats bleating for my part of the world say. Still cannot fathom the region that gets the farts though – have to ask a Martian I guess.

• Love
Reactions: Fernand and Phlier
I don't think anyone knows for sure. That's why I checked.
I picked up my Model 3 Performance with FSD at Heathrow in mid-August. I did a codec check and came up with 264 so was really pissed that I didn't have hardware 3.0. (no - I didn't go through the pain of removing panels to check the computer)

Now, with 2019.36.2.1 installed yesterday, I see traffic cones! FrugalTeslaGuy says that you can only see traffic cones with 3.0 (he has 2.5). Can anyone confirm that this is a simple test for confirming 3.0?

I picked up my Model 3 Performance with FSD at Heathrow in mid-August. I did a codec check and came up with 264 so was really pissed that I didn't have hardware 3.0. (no - I didn't go through the pain of removing panels to check the computer)

Now, with 2019.36.2.1 installed yesterday, I see traffic cones! FrugalTeslaGuy says that you can only see traffic cones with 3.0 (he has 2.5). Can anyone confirm that this is a simple test for confirming 3.0?

Right now it seems to be. I have HW 2.5 for sure (Model 3P purchased December 2018) with FSD and do not see traffic cones in the visualisation. There is road construction close to my house right now, so I am passing cones every day while commuting to and from work. No cones for me.

Reactions: scohtay