Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Computer Upgrade and Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know about upgrading now - I my car was built in January and delivered Feb 26th - before the infamous price drops etc (don’t get me started....). Anyways, Elon said that the current graphic card is good for what - 3 years, then they will have another one, with the same leap in performance as this one is to the last one. Seeing that full autopilot is at least 1 year, maybe more away from full implementation, I’m going to wait for the new, new card. EAP is great on the highway, and they will be having a sale, you can bet on that........

We purchased FSD with or M3 Long Range Premium AWD delivered in late September, 2018. Today I used the service function from my cell phone asking for an upgrade and installation of the new computer. After some detailed questions I was offered home garage installation on June 25th at a 2 hour window which I chose. (Other later dates and times were also offered.)

I'm 82 and a potential if not real danger on the road. The system as it is works well on our freeways at less than the mad max mode. Some anxiety provoking even so, and one time near a steep drop off without Autopilot on a narrow levee road I steered a bit close to the narrow shoulder and the car forcefully moved itself toward the center dividing line. Very impressive. Therefore, I look forward to even safer driving as the year progresses with the new hardware for Autopilot.

Very impressed they're going to do this at home.

Yeah a couple comments...

First, great if they actually come and change the computer for HW3, but I'll believe it when you come back here on the 25th and tell us that they actually did it...maybe provide a picture of the new one in hand before it gets put in?

Second, and with all due respect sir, if you really feel that you are a real danger driving a vehicle, then you shouldn't be driving anything. The Tesla, until it is Level 4/5 autonomous will NOT fix "I'm... a potential if not real danger on the road"

@Intl Professor Congrats on the upcoming upgrade. Looking forward to hearing about the process and your thoughts regarding any improvements.

Somewhat joking question. You're from Cali. During your commute, how many drivers were not a danger to others?

Besides, I think that he's just trying to make his blushing bride more comfortable driving their M3 or him more comfortable when she's driving. ;)
"Cali" is in Colombia.

I tried booking an upgrade appointment back in early May when it was confirmed they were being installed in Model 3s. After some initial confusion about what I was asking for, mobile service canceled my appointment saying that while initial releases are already rolling out, my VIN range wouldn't be ready for about 4 to 6 weeks and that they'll notify me when ready.

Since then, I've heard of nobody getting the upgrade. That said, it is now past the 6 week mark, so it is possible OP may be one of the first to actually get it. I went ahead and booked another mobile service appointment today (also for the 25th) to see if I can get it installed too as I have texts from the local mobile service folks saying it'd be ready around now. We'll see what happens. Like most of you, I expect this one will get canceled too.

Here's a screenshot of the end of my conversation w/ mobile service from back in May:
WmzRr2S.jpg

I tried booking an upgrade appointment back in early May when it was confirmed they were being installed in Model 3s. After some initial confusion about what I was asking for, mobile service canceled my appointment saying that while initial releases are already rolling out, my VIN range wouldn't be ready for about 4 to 6 weeks and that they'll notify me when ready.

Since then, I've heard of nobody getting the upgrade. That said, it is now past the 6 week mark, so it is possible OP may be one of the first to actually get it. I went ahead and booked another mobile service appointment today (also for the 25th) to see if I can get it installed too as I have texts from the local mobile service folks saying it'd be ready around now. We'll see what happens. Like most of you, I expect this one will get canceled too.

Here's a screenshot of the end of my conversation w/ mobile service from back in May:
WmzRr2S.jpg

Sounds promising. Could you please share your VIN range -- like 1234xx?

Reactions: APotatoGod
You're telling me that people are actually getting AP hardware upgrades to HW3, and I still can't get a frickin' spoiler for my almost 1-year old P3D?

:rolleyes:
We'll see. Nobody actually reported getting it yet. Only thing reported is a service appointment. We're all expecting them to get canceled as they have been when people tried this before (but crossing our fingers and hoping for the best). As for your spoiler, I've been told they're in stock everywhere, you just need to make an appointment (but IDK about wherever you live)