Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD, Cost, Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model S P100D LS Aug 2018. EA included.
What is necessary to have FSD?
Cost? Is there any discount plan?
Is it necessary any hardware installation in a Service Center?
Availability: Is it available, now? If not, when it will be?
What should be my procedure to install FSD in my car?
Thanks.

I have a Model S P100D LS Aug 2018. EA included.
What is necessary to have FSD?
Cost? Is there any discount plan?
Is it necessary any hardware installation in a Service Center?
Availability: Is it available, now? If not, when it will be?
What should be my procedure to install FSD in my car?
Thanks.

Lots of confusion with recent changes since 2/28/2018.

I wouldn't count on any discount for now unless there would be another price change planned.

Upgrading from EAP to FSD price if it was reverted back to prior price should be $5,000.

Your 2018 Enhanced Autopilot was claimed to have all the hardware for Full Self Driving already although Tesla says it needs to swap out the computer HardWare2 to HW3 in future for no additional cost if you paid for it.

So the only step you need to do is to buy FSD from your personal Tesla web page.

If it is not there, call Tesla up and ask is this another confusion?

FSD implies that you don't need a licensed driver to operate your car because the machine takes over. No companies can do that now. You are buying a future feature without knowing when it will be available.

I bought it because I want to experience the beta features before getting to a real FSD competency.

Hi Tam,

Thanks for all your explanations.
In my personal web page I do have no reference to FSD.
I'm going to ask them for it.
About the price I have the impression, that in Europe, when Tesla have reduced the price of the Model S (the price of my car has reduced around 40.000€!) it has reduced the price of FSE to 2.000€, but only for that cases...
Have you ever heard of that?
Thanks.
Regards. Paulo Chagas.