Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the value of knowing disengagements real time, I wonder if Tesla would keep FSD a lower cost for a higher take rate just to keep the RoboTaxi fleet up to date where new problems might exist? Avoiding road construction, road damage, recently changed exits etc. could be a value to the Tesla network keeping paying riders satisfied. They could even send an empty RoboTaxi to a location with multiple recent disengagements to check it out.

Given the value of knowing disengagements real time, I wonder if Tesla would keep FSD a lower cost for a higher take rate just to keep the RoboTaxi fleet up to date where new problems might exist? Avoiding road construction, road damage, recently changed exits etc. could be a value to the Tesla network keeping paying riders satisfied. They could even send an empty RoboTaxi to a location with multiple recent disengagements to check it out.
Interesting idea .. essentially FSD owners become a pre-test fleet for roads so that robotaxi knows which roads are drivable w/o human assistance.

12.3.4 is a bit aggressive (even in assert? the middle mode), almost like tailgating (& I am more a laid back driver)
Drives has been mostly pleasant, however today it almost rear-ended the car in front - however the auto brakes kicked in with a big jerk, I did not have to do anything. But I was like 80% sure I was going to rear end the other car. But FSD took care of situation, though it caused passenger(me) some grief.

When using FSD (not yet in HWY for me) - from Driver I have become Supervisor

When Automatic gears came out, they freed the left leg having to press the clutch. now with FSD most of the ride, right leg is also free. Though being careful I do hover my right leg over the brakes as the situation needs.

Hope a future steering wheel, yoke has a brake button on both sides. Should be separate from the FSD, because we want to apply brakes and not release FSD. that way right leg can be totally freed up as well.(every split sec counts for scenario I almost got into today) -[For FSD and not robotaxi scenario]

Last edited:
12.3.4 is a bit aggressive (even in assert? the middle mode), almost like tailgating (& I am more a laid back driver)
Drives has been mostly pleasant, however today it almost rear-ended the car in front - however the auto brakes kicked in with a big jerk, I did not have to do anything. But I was like 80% sure I was going to rear end the other car. But FSD took care of situation, though it caused passenger(me) some grief.

When using FSD (not yet in HWY for me) - from Driver I have become Supervisor

When Automatic gears came out, they freed the left leg having to press the clutch. now with FSD most of the ride, right leg is also free. Though being careful I do hover my right leg over the brakes as the situation needs.

Hope a future steering wheel, yoke has a brake button on both sides. Should be separate from the FSD, because we want to apply brakes and not release FSD. that way right leg can be totally freed up as well.(every split sec counts for scenario I almost got into today) -[For FSD and not robotaxi scenario]
Yes, FSD wants to wait till the last second to brake. Lights, stop signs, cars ahead. I wonder how long the friction brakes will last with this kind of aggressive stopping.

Reactions: elasalle
Todays drive was so good, that my hands on wheel(very light touch, since car was doing everthing so well) were not detected by telemetry and FSD got disabled around 2 mins before reaching home, for not heeding the hands on wheel warnings - (which I was actually doing)
Parked my car at home and got notice that I have 4 more chances :(

This morning something amazing occurred. Based on the below details I believe that Tesla has implemented dynamic map metadata improvements in near real-time.

NOTE: This is the **ONLY** place I could get FSD 12.3.4 to consistently fail.

Another NOTE: FSD does NOT seem to read/ingest/use road paint and advisory signs. This is a separate issue.

Here's the breakdown: This left turn was jerky 10 out of ten times yesterday with clear blue skies at the 8am hour, no traffic, and failed 7 of 10 by tuning prior to median. Today, same conditions, smooth perfect turn 10 of 10. And the only thing that is different is upload and download of some data that was not a new build.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 8.53.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 7.48.30 PM.png