Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD doesn’t show on window sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new X last weekend (VIN 189XXX) and although I ordered Full Self Driving (which shows on my delivery paperwork and on my Tesla account), the window sticker does not show it.

Is my car missing something or is FSD truly only a software unlock?

The vehicle is already capable of everything. The features are all an unlock signal that gets sent down.

As long as it shows in your account, and the paperwork, and the Autopilot settings pages show Navigate on Autopilot, you're set.

Yes.

But it is no excuse for missing what already paid on the Monroney Sticker.

You should ask Tesla to print you the correct Monroney Sticker because all paid prices should be listed.
Agreed, especially if you ever plan to sell it privately in the future. There's no easy way for anyone but the owner to confirm options, so having it on the sticker will make it easier if you sell.

Reactions: Tam
Agreed, especially if you ever plan to sell it privately in the future. There's no easy way for anyone but the owner to confirm options, so having it on the sticker will make it easier if you sell.

While technically true, the Monroney is pretty much useless after a few months, because the features standard/optional/not available changes so frequently. Some features are only available to the original purchaser, and go away if the car is ever sold (charging related mostly).

While technically true, the Monroney is pretty much useless after a few months, because the features standard/optional/not available changes so frequently. Some features are only available to the original purchaser, and go away if the car is ever sold (charging related mostly).
I'd argue that it's even more important on a car like Tesla that changes features so often. The Monroney shows what standard and optional features were included on your specific car. I'm also pretty sure that cars that had Supercharging included on the Monroney are old enough to transfer. Those of us with charging that doesn't transfer, from a referral don't have it on the sticker anyway.

...the Monroney is pretty much useless after a few months, because the features standard/optional/not available changes so frequently...

Consumers don't mind getting features more than what we paid for on the Monroney sticker like getting FSD for not paying it.

Yes, it's useless Monroney sticker if it changes so much that I didn't pay for FSD and I still get FSD!

But it's problematic when I paid FSD and the Monroney sticker doesn't say it and in future, something might happen that the actual FSD functions would be disabled and the wrong Monroney sticker is there to justify the missing function.

Consumers don't mind getting features more than what we paid for on the Monroney sticker like getting FSD for not paying it.

Yes, it's useless Monroney sticker if it changes so much that I didn't pay for FSD and I still get FSD!

But it's problematic when I paid FSD and the Monroney sticker doesn't say it and in future, something might happen that the actual FSD functions would be disabled and the wrong Monroney sticker is there to justify the missing function.

Also don’t forget, many features can be added after the fact. For example, My Monroney does not mention FSD but I bought it later.

Reactions: shinytop