Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD eh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for advice on how the FSD beta is initiated and when (particularly in Canada)

Two weeks ago, I heard the beta was rolling out to Canada, a few days later I got a prompt for a software update, so after reading a bit, I decided to drive like my grandpa, trying to avoid hard braking and cornering to try to improve my safety score. After 100'ish miles, I decided to update.

Nothing...

So I drive slow and carefully, hoping the button may appear, nothing. Got a 2nd update, thinking this must be it, drove like a grandpa again, rinse, repeat... Nothing.

3rd update coming right now, but I'm confused and am wondering what's going on?

I don't see a button, option, safety score, or anything. Maybe I haven't been selected? Are other Canucks part of the beta already? Surely I can see my safety score now. I've given up driving slow, avoiding traffic and low G cornering cause it's been almost 3 weeks with nothing.

Any advice?

First, you need to already have purchased or subscribe to FSD.

If you have FSD, then you need to opt-in to the beta. It doesn't sound like you did that. Go to the autopilot settings and you will see an FSD Beta opt in

Once you opt in, you will see "Safety Score" appear in your Tesla app. That is the score you need to keep up for 100-ish miles over a 7day period. And save yourself grief and confusion and read how the scoring works here: Safety Score Beta