Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD + Enhanced Autopilot Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an appt to upgrade computer and subscribe to FSD on October 8th. I already have enhanced autopilot, auto steer, park and summon. If I take FSD do I lose the Enhanced Autopilot package I already have or does it stay with my car and if I decide to drop the FSD subscription do I still retain my enhanced AP?

Last edited:
That question is one you should likely verify with tesla before you go to your appointment. Assuming that you are paying for the HW3 part of the upgrade, one would think that when you cancel your subscription the car would revert to "whatever you had before", but this is not a place to guess (or go by what people on forums say), since you could be out a lot of money if "people are wrong".

TL ; DR -- Ask tesla and let us know what they say.

Reactions: USCGDAV
If I take FSD do I lose the Enhanced Autopilot package I already have or does it stay with my car and if I decide to drop the FSD subscription do I still retain my enhanced AP?
If you have EAP the subscription is $99 a month. If you don't, it's $199 a month.
They do this because you already paid for EAP, which was about half the cost of FSD when they sold both.

They aren't going to take EAP away for you because you paid $99 for a 1 month "FSD" subscription. In fact, I don't even see how this could be legal without an enormous disclaimer that clicking the FSD subscription button means the thing you paid for a while ago just goes poof, never to return.

Reactions: USCGDAV and focher
I agree with both those answers. Here's one more tip. Get something in writing from someone with the authority to answer that question or verify that the FSD subscription agreement clarifies your scenario. It's not unheard of that a SC employee says one thing and then Tesla ultimately doesn't accept / respect what was told to the customer.

I have an appt to upgrade computer and subscribe to FSD on October 8th. I already have enhanced autopilot, auto steer, park and summon. If I take FSD do I lose the Enhanced Autopilot package I already have or does it stay with my car and if I decide to drop the FSD subscription do I still retain my enhanced AP?
How much was it to get the computer? I heard if you didn't buy outright, it costs to install.

How much was it to get the computer? I heard if you didn't buy outright, it costs to install.
$1000 installed if you haven't bought FSD outright and want to subscribe, even though "All Tesla vehicles produced in our factory, including Model 3, have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver."

Great cars, but keeping promises is not really in Tesla's corporate culture.

Got an answer from service today. See below
low.
TService.png

Got an answer from service today. See below
You have to appreciate the honesty. It's effectively 'vapourware' for the majority of us UNTIL it isn't. Thus the reason we did NOT purchase the full self driving package when we bought. 3 years in I don't mind not having paid the money. By the time it comes out and is effectively useful in my market we may well have bought our next Tesla... 🤷‍♂️

• Funny
You have to appreciate the honesty. It's effectively 'vapourware' for the majority of us UNTIL it isn't. Thus the reason we did NOT purchase the full self driving package when we bought. 3 years in I don't mind not having paid the money. By the time it comes out and is effectively useful in my market we may well have bought our next Tesla... 🤷‍♂️
I think this is why when you trade the car in they don't care nor take into consideration the FSD price paid when the car was first purchased.

(moderator note)

Please direct any other FSD discussion to the autopilot / FSD subforum:

The original thread question has been answered, so I am going to lock this thread and re direct the discussion to the subforum above.

Status
Not open for further replies.