Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD for 10k, is it worthwhile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk is the BEST salesman ever! Legacy dealerships should have their sales staff learn from him. Musk can convince people into buying lots of things, many of them more than once, Lol.
Elon Musk is the BEST salesman ever! Legacy dealerships should have their sales staff learn from him. Musk can convince people into buying lots of things, many of them more than once, Lol.
Ahhh… nothing to see over there…. Please don’t look behind the curtain.

“If you read…” is unpersuasive. It’s not hard to post a link to your BEST example.
If you NEVER saw his tweeted promises (including dates) of (for example) when Tesla's would drive themselves from NYC to LA with "no human input" or when Tesla's would have NO ONE in the car as the cars navigated to pick up passengers for Robotaxi service? Im not going to look up those tweets for you. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: TessP100D
If you NEVER saw his tweeted promises (including dates) of (for example) when Tesla's would drive themselves from NYC to LA with "no human input" or when Tesla's would have NO ONE in the car as the cars navigated to pick up passengers for Robotaxi service? Im not going to look up those tweets for you. LOL.
As nice as your personality seems, I still don’t believe you.

As nice as your personality seems, I still don’t believe you.
To be fair the tweets don’t really matter. What matters is Tesla selling an option labeled “Full self Driving” an option that’s not currently available and will not be available for the foreseeable future because L5 autonomous driving is going to require much more than just Tesla. It’s going to require the government getting involved and ensuring that the current infrastructure is good enough to handle vehicles without drivers.

So is the FSD option worth it? Well that’s up to the individual buyer, personally I’m not interested in paying for something that doesn’t exist. Did it once, not doing it again.

As a person currently on the FSD beta and using it, I have to say it’s impressive in some ways, terrifying in others; which basically summarized everything about driving a Tesla.

It’s worth it, if that money you allocate towards FSD is not going to be needed anytime soon, and you want the latest software that Tesla has to offer.

I was leaning towards FSD not being worth it until I got beta, now I’m not sure

As a person currently on the FSD beta and using it, I have to say it’s impressive in some ways, terrifying in others; which basically summarized everything about driving a Tesla.

It’s worth it, if that money you allocate towards FSD is not going to be needed anytime soon, and you want the latest software that Tesla has to offer.

I was leaning towards FSD not being worth it until I got beta, now I’m not sure
I can help you./../

Sounds great except for the terrifying part lol. You can be sure they're well aware of things like phantom braking. Tesla is doing amazing things but FSD is a misnomer at this time.

Is that really 2 words??? JK. I do know Elon said LiDAR was not going to work for autonomous driving.
Elon's very smart, but he's not the authority on autonomous driving. Neither am I. Waymo is though, and they use LiDAR.

My opinion - LiDAR has clear advantages over cameras... the least of which is computational power. Those going with camera-only systems are likely doing so because of cost or drag coefficient.

Reactions: 2101Guy
I am still waiting for my Model Y. And can get FSD for $10k instead of $12k.
Tesla told me that adding FSD no longer accelerates timelines for deliveries.

I currently have FSD on my Model 3 - and as most folks mention; its still beta.

I am waiting for CyberTruck where I locked in FSD for $7k, so not sure if I should pull the trigger on Model Y FSD at 10k price or not.
Only thing that has me considering the purchase FSD is that by the time I trade-in or sell my Model Y for CT, having FSD will bring the re-sale value of my Model Y b/c FSD is amazing by 3-4 yrs from now.

I am still waiting for my Model Y. And can get FSD for $10k instead of $12k.
Tesla told me that adding FSD no longer accelerates timelines for deliveries.

I currently have FSD on my Model 3 - and as most folks mention; its still beta.

I am waiting for CyberTruck where I locked in FSD for $7k, so not sure if I should pull the trigger on Model Y FSD at 10k price or not.
Only thing that has me considering the purchase FSD is that by the time I trade-in or sell my Model Y for CT, having FSD will bring the re-sale value of my Model Y b/c FSD is amazing by 3-4 yrs from now.
Wow. Great news. You have extra cash to buy things that will never be.

ahh… I have some very valuable swamp land available. Make you a special price.

• Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy