Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD for 3k after purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just quoted 7k.

That's interesting. I can still purchase from my tesla on my 3 under software upgrades for 5k.
20190115_152235.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jack6591 and Tam
Maybe they didn't understand and quoted him the EAP post-purchase price?

When I first went into the Service Center, the service rep told me I’d need to go to sales, the sales guy explained he’d have to check with his manager — the sales manager sent me back to service. The service rep then quoted me 7k.

The website worked flawlessly at 5k,

FYI, in the Tesla owner portal under Shop / Autopilot Upgrades... I am seeing the option to pre-pay $5k for FSD. Just bought and picked up my car the first week of Jan 2019.

Autopilot Upgrades

1527027447705.png

Full Self Driving Capability
Adding this option today means you will be one of the first to experience full self-driving when it becomes available in the future.

This functionality is dependent upon extensive software validation and regulatory approval. It is not possible to know exactly when it will be available, as this is highly dependent on local regulatory approval, which may vary widely by jurisdiction.

Note: Enhanced Autopilot is required for the purchase of Full Self Driving Capability.

Buy for $5,000

TOTAL (0)
$0

I’m seeing the same 5k FSD upgrade in my account.

...I first went into the Service Center...
...I’d need to go to sales
...check with his manager ...
the sales manager sent me back to service.
...service rep then quoted me 7k....
The website worked flawlessly at 5k,

I guess if we want to interact with human in Tesla, we have to jump through all the hoops in order to get a human response but with human error.

It sounds the Tesla is training us to bypass human and rely on the web instead :)

FSD is available in my account online now for an M3D with EAP for $3k —its seems only folks with “EAP” not the new term “AP”

Surely confusing, but they are trying to put together a profit generating software upgrade path.

Sell me “Track Mode” as an over the air update and Im in... its at least a real feature, FSD right now sounds more like vapor, and interest free financing for Tesla to actually create some version o FSD.

That's exactly backward.

EAP is already feature-complete, other than slight upgrade to summon and removing the "approval" for lane changes.

Further we know the HW is already near its limits for EAP. They'll likely still improve it as much as they can within those limits of course.

Only FSD needs the better hardware, Elon has specifically told us this, which only makes sense if that's where all new driver assist features beyond the EAP feature list will be going.

To paraphrase musk, He stated that HW2 technically does have the capability of FSD but it would require too much development effort since they would be resource starved. Instead, they are going with HW3 which will have more power and less development effort.

It's showing $3,000 for me as well but I think I'd rather save that $$ and just upgrade the entire car in a few years when they are on AP hardware version 5 that will probably have even more capabilities than the limited stuff that this FSD is going to offer.