Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD going up 1 November

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon just posted it was going up USD$1000 starting 1 November now that smart summon has rolled out with V!0. So, in the USA it goes from $6000 to $7000.

Just thought I would let people know in case they missed it.
I don't think we'll see this increase, if we do it'll be met with quite a lot of backlash. Considering we don't even have Navigate on Autopilot, let along Smart Summon, it's ridiculous.

Part of my post on another thread:
IMO the price is already more than it will ever be worth to me. I wouldn't pay anyone $8.5k to drive me around for a few years, so I wouldn't pay that for a computer to do it, even if it could do it all right now. Regular AP provides 90% of the value to me. That last 10% that FSD will bring isn't worth more than 2-3k IMO. I like driving myself anyway. Don't even start with the robotaxi argument. No way in hell am I sending my 100k car out for strangers to wear out. It's not making a cent for me. The only way I'll consider FSD is if the price drops considerably, or they go to a reasonable subscription basis. They should have commercial FSD and private FSD subscriptions. Cheap for personal users, more for those making money off it.

Reactions: Tigger
Any other thoughts on FSD?
Has there been a limit to how much they are going to raise it by?
Difficult to know where their head is in this game. For the question on how much, this would depend on what Tesla brings to the fleet and when. I believe we are hearing about this increase due to smart summons now available for FSD owners. So as more and more FSD features hit the street, the more the price may go up.

Just ordered it for my SR+. Primary attraction was the AP lane change. I find it very disconcerting and even sometimes dangerous when I have to disable AP, change lanes, then forget to re-enable and then forget that it isnt enabled.
What a ridiculous run-around to buy it though. First a call to support who told me to call sales who then put me through to parts who were finally able to do it for me after telling me that I should be able to do it on the website. All with long waits of 5-20 minutes before answering.

The website of course just comes up with an error when trying to access AP options.

Just ordered it for my SR+. Primary attraction was the AP lane change. I find it very disconcerting and even sometimes dangerous when I have to disable AP, change lanes, then forget to re-enable and then forget that it isnt enabled.
What a ridiculous run-around to buy it though. First a call to support who told me to call sales who then put me through to parts who were finally able to do it for me after telling me that I should be able to do it on the website. All with long waits of 5-20 minutes before answering.

The website of course just comes up with an error when trying to access AP options.

I ordered it on Monday by calling the service number. It only took a few mins. The consultant was quite aware that the website was returning an error... He said "But it's only for Model 3. Which of course is our MOST popular model!!"

My card was charged and the invoice arrived that afternoon (I know the car is connected but it is quite strange to see a service invoice for your car that has the exact number of kilometers on it as the car is showing in your garage).

They said it would be 1-3 days before it updates. So far it has not and it is nearly day 2. Let me know when yours updates and I'll do the same.

Reactions: Shallowal
Reactions: baillies
Good Grief, Tesla are certainly low key on communications. The only way I know that my FSD order was accepted is the notification from my credit card provider and now I see on my Tesla account that the Autopilot picture is no longer on the "Manage" page. They could be a little more forthcoming, eg a receipt.