Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davezforce

IG @davezforce
Jan 18, 2017
NJ
Listings
I was holding out on upgrading from 2021.36.8.10 until they added the ability to have better icon customization for legacy cars. So after hearing they added in the ability to put the seat controls back down in the tray and other improvements I decided it was time to update. I was using FSD the whole time., Last night I get a new software notification so I pulled the trigger figuring it was giving me the newest FSD beta software with the newer options. Needless to say it upgraded me to 2022.12.3.2. The safety score showed up back in my app and now out of no where it says I have a score of 84 and in the car it says for FSD that It’s requested. Wtf happened. Does it check score before you install newer versions now. The last time I updated to a newer version of FSD I just had to re select the accept message in the car. This sucks lol

It's totally your right to refuse software updates. But I've always considered such a path risky because of situations like the one you find yourself in.

As a beta tester, if you are still submitting reports from such an old version, the value of those submissions diminish because you are testing old software, and Tesla needs more data from their newer builds. 10.6 is pretty ancient at this point. It's very possible Tesla dropped you from the beta due to your lack of interest in updating your firmware to the latest FSD builds.

Or it could be that 2022.12.3.2 was pushed to you because they had some rule to push it to everyone who was way behind on software updates, regardless of FSD beta status. There could be safety updates that they want everyone to have.

I would email them (fsdbeta@tesla) and tell them you lost beta and see if they can restore it.

It's totally your right to refuse software updates. But I've always considered such a path risky because of situations like the one you find yourself in.

As a beta tester, if you are still submitting reports from such an old version, the value of those submissions diminish because you are testing old software, and Tesla needs more data from their newer builds. 10.6 is pretty ancient at this point. It's very possible Tesla dropped you from the beta due to your lack of interest in updating your firmware to the latest FSD builds.

Or it could be that 2022.12.3.2 was pushed to you because they had some rule to push it to everyone who was way behind on software updates, regardless of FSD beta status. There could be safety updates that they want everyone to have.

I would email them (fsdbeta@tesla) and tell them you lost beta and see if they can restore it.
Thanks you for your input. I will email them and see what happens.

Unfortunately it won't. However the curve is over 100 miles, so shouldn't be too hard to raise it back up.
For the hell of it I tried it it and it worked. Back at 100 score with 1 mile driven. 😩 Hopefully they read my email and just re send the beta. Otherwise I guess I’ll have to do a nail biting 100 miles again. (Is it still 100?) 🤦🏻‍♂️

For the hell of it I tried it it and it worked. Back at 100 score with 1 mile driven. 😩 Hopefully they read my email and just re send the beta. Otherwise I guess I’ll have to do a nail biting 100 miles again. (Is it still 100?) 🤦🏻‍♂️
Wait, you just opted out and then opted back in and it reset your score? Tons of people have tried that and it doesn't work. 🤔

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
B3B2B958-1033-448B-A8C7-DE451045DE14.png

Attachments

• 48167D85-06E6-4E8B-A1F4-19AE70B9F620.png
    48167D85-06E6-4E8B-A1F4-19AE70B9F620.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 39
seems like the opt out reset is working again? A couple people recently posted the same result.
I'm glad its working as it really should be designed to reset.

The minimum miles is really what needs to be upped.

Not that either of those two things matter as the OP either has to get really lucky in getting a response from the FSD beta email or they have to wait till Tesla starts to accept people into the FSD Beta.

The lesson for the rest of us is to upgrade or get kicked out. :)

Is it still 100 miles of driving, and then get automatically downloaded soon after or has that all changed now? it I mean technically im still enrolled, never got a email or any warning that I was getting access revoked, it strictly happened due to the software update. I’m sure I will never get a response from them just trying to see what to expect now and what needs to be done.

Is it still 100 miles of driving, and then get automatically downloaded soon after or has that all changed now? it I mean technically im still enrolled, never got a email or any warning that I was getting access revoked, it strictly happened due to the software update. I’m sure I will never get a response from them just trying to see what to expect now and what needs to be done.
No new drivers (other than Canadian) have been enrolled since last year. Since you no longer have Beta you are starting over and not enrolled. Sorta like someone with Beta who bought a new Tesla has to start over but are stuck waiting.