Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Hardware 3.0 upgrade for Model S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you happy with the new system? Make any real difference? Is the reaction time better (for braking for cross traffic)? Mine is still HW2.5 and the car crossing my path has gone before the car brakes!

Very happy, but to be honest, at the moment I don't think AP2.5 behaves any differently to HW3.

Well? How'd it go? Do you have all the new features such as stop at red? chime at green? Wheelie bins showing up in IC?
Don't leave us hanggin' :)

Yes! Everything went well!
Dropped the car off at 8am and picked up at 4pm, drove for 15kms to calibrate the cameras, turned it all on and everything works great!
Bins, speed signs, bollards, traffic lights, road markings, cones, better animation for pedestrians, I'm really happy.

AFC4C4B9-4642-4FAE-8619-C6EC562D1F43.jpeg

Just completed my upgrade. Now to go for a drive to calibrate .

Also fixed the yellowing around my screens so now they’re as good as new again.

• Love
Reactions: ICUDoc
My HW2 to HW3 upgrade went well (after the GPS returned the next morning).
I didn't upgrade MCU1 or ICU1, since they are working quite well after various software changes and memory clears.

I think I am getting most of the benefit of HW3, with stop and traffic visualisations (but no bins or cones).
Of course I still only have 3g so Internet browsing has not improved.
My sentry mode is more than a dummy sentry, since I can now record to USB drive, but I haven't been able to review the video on MCU1.
So back to the old days of M3s with TeslaCam on the phone.

Hence I do not feel the need to upgrade MCU1 and ICU1 yet.

My HW2 to HW3 upgrade went well (after the GPS returned the next morning).
I didn't upgrade MCU1 or ICU1, since they are working quite well after various software changes and memory clears.

I think I am getting most of the benefit of HW3, with stop and traffic visualisations (but no bins or cones).
Of course I still only have 3g so Internet browsing has not improved.
My sentry mode is more than a dummy sentry, since I can now record to USB drive, but I haven't been able to review the video on MCU1.
So back to the old days of M3s with TeslaCam on the phone.

Hence I do not feel the need to upgrade MCU1 and ICU1 yet.
Like you upgraded to HW3, kept MCU1 (still hope there is a discount for MCU2 now that there is the NHTSA recall in America. At best I’ll get a new eMMC module)
Anyone know why only 3 cameras record, not 4 (rear excluded)?
Happy with the speed sign recognition & action - far less chance of a speeding fine now

Like you upgraded to HW3, kept MCU1 (still hope there is a discount for MCU2 now that there is the NHTSA recall in America. At best I’ll get a new eMMC module)
Anyone know why only 3 cameras record, not 4 (rear excluded)?
Happy with the speed sign recognition & action - far less chance of a speeding fine now

It took a long time for ALL cameras to calibrate. Some calibrated fairly quickly to enable AP,FSD, but others required for summon and NOA took longer. Not even sure all have calibrated yet - will check.