Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD in the UK .. price increase on 1st July?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the price of FSD is going to increase in the UK/Europe on the 1st July in line with the US?
..and if so will it have any new features that make it worth having?

Currently from what i've seen, not much of it's functions work correctly (if at all) in the UK!

Agree with @Mr H , The only addition that it gives over autopilot (apart from Auto park and summon) is that it can change lanes with a tap of the stalk. Normal AP turns off and you have to turn back on when chaging lanes.

EU laws are still tight on the ability it can offer compared to the US version.

One thing tho was Elon kind of mentioned that they are looking at a monthly sub for it later in the year. But this is Elon mentioning it and not confirming that it will happen.

Yes i'd like the lane change bit but not for £6k
If buying through salary sacrifice the net cost is significantly cheaper, on a monthly basis my net FSD cost is calculated to be £80 per month over 3 years, for some it could be even less (I did not qualify for VAT saving which could have saved more). Not right for everyone, but might make it affordable for some.

EU laws are still tight on the ability it can offer compared to the US version.
Seeing as we have now left EU, will be interesting to see if UK diverges rules in this regard. You would think that Elon would have this on his request list for any GigaFactory green light in the UK.

I don't know about you but I absolutely can not live without being able to move my car back and forward a little bit when I'm washing it. I don't know how any of you guys without FSD cope.

(I don't think the price of FSD will go up here on July 1st)

EDIT: I was being sarcastic, as that's pretty much what FSD does at the moment in the UK compared to AP. Auto lane changes is nice though.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Doudeau
I'm with the "waste of money" crowd.
As far as I'm concerned if you have £6k spare the better option would be to invest it in Tesla shares, if they crack full self drive share prices should rocket up and you could afford to pay any increase in price, if they fail and FSD never improves you could still get some of your 6k back.
If it was transferable between cars I might consider it, but there's a chance I would want to swap/upgrade to a different Tesla before FSD is worth owning.

Reactions: Roy W.
I wonder with the incoming subscription model if they'll take a change in course and allow anyone purchasing FSD outright to retain that upgrade on their account, for any Tesla they drive now and in the future. That then becomes a more attractive one off purchase and then for the subscribers, you pay a more reasonable monthly fee indefinitely for a single vehicle and perhaps even a single profile on a vehicle.

I wonder with the incoming subscription model if they'll take a change in course and allow anyone purchasing FSD outright to retain that upgrade on their account, for any Tesla they drive now and in the future. That then becomes a more attractive one off purchase and then for the subscribers, you pay a more reasonable monthly fee indefinitely for a single vehicle and perhaps even a single profile on a vehicle.

Yeah right - they can't even manage referral miles.

I’d probably quite like it at £1k, but once you’re up to £2k or more it really isn’t worth the money here yet.

If it was an account upgrade and stayed on the account for future cars, rather than having to pay for it on each car, I’d probably have paid the £5800.

I don't know about you but I absolutely can not live without being able to move my car back and forward a little bit when I'm washing it. I don't know how any of you guys without FSD cope.

(I don't think the price of FSD will go up here on July 1st)

This is something that i think really should be included in the standard Tesla app features - standard summon doesn't really have much to do with FSD.. But i guess if they did that it would make FSD even less worthwhile!

I would like the lane change and standard summon features (not bothered with Autopark or Smart Summon) but not £5800!

I bought it. Whenever I used it, I lurched around the road, I got chimed at, nagged at, face planted the steering wheel or banged the back of my head on the seat. When I turned it on, it turned itself off at will. It took on ramps and off ramps at varying speeds while having three or four attempts at the bends. Smart summon never worked..never. Once I decided to leave it alone, treat my 6k as an investment for the future and just drive the car normally, life became calm and I am now at peace with my car.
Hopefully, this will help you with your decision.

We are already one price rise behind the US, so who knows, it could be a £2k increase that we are due?

This is something that i think really should be included in the standard Tesla app features - standard summon doesn't really have much to do with FSD.. But i guess if they did that it would make FSD even less worthwhile!

Summon was part of EAP (enhanced autopilot) that many people happily paid ££££ for. And that was on top of paying ££££ for autopilot that is now 'free'. The FSD part of FSD is currently (or if ordered with EAP on a new vehicle) 'only' £2200. The difference now is that EAP and FSD is bundled in the one package. So in the pre 'FSD only' FSD days, you could have had summon and the rest of EAP for todays equivalent of £3600, and very many people were happy to pay that. Also worth noting that FSD gave HW2.x owners a free HW3 upgrade, something that early Model 3 owners in UK only got by a matter of weeks.

And in America, FSD gets you a free BK Whopper

• Funny
Reactions: Mark-R and NewbieT
I have FSD but at current abilities it is not worth the money. I just bought it to get it cheaper than it will be when it works, and I keep my cars about a decade. I preordered a Cybertruck for the Mrs with FSD for the same reason.

That's what I would like to see, pay once and it stays on your account so if you add a second Tesla you have FSD included without extra charge out if you upgrade your new Tesla has it but your previous car is sold with just AP, unless the new owner has FSD on their account. More of an incentive to stay brand loyal also.

I'm a tad in the dlilemma camp with my EAP Model S. £2K to upgrade to FSD that will give me no new features and likely will be years away before UK regs change to allow any major features even if Elon gets them to work. BUT it should include the upgrade to HW3 and that may be worth having....???