Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD is a fraud

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't say it was acceptable, though apparently you wanted to read it that way.

Okay so you and a few vocal others here are angry at Tesla, with perhaps some justification, that they have eased back on the feature set for FSD. Now what? Are you just going to post again and again and again about how outrageous it all is and how outraged you are and how Tesla are the worst car company in the world and anyone who says otherwise is a brain-dead fanboy? What is your goal here?
I didn't say it was acceptable, though apparently you wanted to read it that way.

Okay so you and a few vocal others here are angry at Tesla, with perhaps some justification, that they have eased back on the feature set for FSD. Now what? Are you just going to post again and again and again about how outrageous it all is and how outraged you are and how Tesla are the worst car company in the world and anyone who says otherwise is a brain-dead fanboy? What is your goal here?
My goal is to let every curious soul to know these three things about Tesla:
1. Tesla has the best battery and drive train (at least for now)
2. FSD is a scam and Tesla/Charlatan is just falsely advertising non-existent features.
3. Tesla has the worst service of all the cars I have owned.

2. FSD is a scam and Tesla/Charlatan is just falsely advertising non-existent features.
In reverse order..
3. Just had my first home visit...best service in any car I’ve ever owned
2. I am expecting a big FSD update...they’ve just gutted FSD with EAP and now 2022.20 has traffic light chime on green...so something good must be about to happen 🤷‍♂️🤔🥺
1. I agree👍

Same here. Acceleration? Performance? Battery/drivetrain? (full power all the time..no gimmicky "boost" buttons to get full power temporarily like most others are doing because they havent figured out how to control/manage battery temps yet. And no complex/heavy 2 speed transmission like Taycan has..Tesla figured out carbon wrapping the stator solved the high rpm problem). Top notch.
Supercharging network? Above all others.

But FSD? I tell EVERYONE to invest that $12k into a S&P fund now while the market is low vs wasting on "Full Self" driving. (The name of it alone..is a blatant and deceptive lie)

My three experiences with Tesla service:

1. I got an odd alert about BT/Cell antenna not connected. Pinged service on the app, got a quick reply. The next day the alert had gone, so I cancelled the service appt. Got a follow-up from the service Dept checking everything was ok, and saying if it happened again to ping them (it never did).

2. Decided to preemptively replace my 12V battery at 2.5 years. Got a mobile appt 4 days after the request. Technician called up 20 mins before appt to say he was on his way. Arrived on time, changed battery, checked tires for wear (I didn't ask for this, he just did it anyway), and was on his way in 25 mins.

3. Had creaky front suspension. Made an appt to get it looked at, bought car in, they replaced work balls joints on both front wheels (1st needed, 2nd just in case), resealed it all etc. Service was done in 4 hours, picked up car later from service center, had no problems since.

Yes, worst service in the world! Of course, I'm not saying people haven't had bad experiences, or even that I'm typical. But you cannot extrapolate from one bad (or good) example to a general conclusion, certainly not in a forum where people will typically only post when there is a problem with their service.

Last edited:
Yeah, they did that for me when there weren't a lot of Teslas in the USA. It's one of the ways they get the first owners in a new place to really like them and talk them up.

Now that every 10th car is a Tesla around here, it's 6 weeks to schedule an appointment and you must go to their location and they have no loaners.

I am expecting a big FSD update...
I love that you can see they are gutting FSD and your first assumption is that something awesome must be happening. Just hasn't happened yet. Sounds like FSD in a nutshell.

1. Yes.
2. Agree
3. I've actually had excellent service from Tesla, and I've had some very bad experiences from dealers. Although 10 days ago I had the seat belt harness replaced, then it just started rattling again.

Same here. Acceleration? Performance? Battery/drivetrain? (full power all the time..no gimmicky "boost" buttons to get full power temporarily like most others are doing because they havent figured out how to control/manage battery temps yet. And no complex/heavy 2 speed transmission like Taycan has..Tesla figured out carbon wrapping the stator solved the high rpm problem). Top notch.

But FSD? I tell EVERYONE to invest that $12k into a S&P fund now while the market is low vs wasting on "Full Self" driving. (The name of it alone..is a blatant and deceptive lie)
Exactly

1. Yes.
2. Agree
3. I've actually had excellent service from Tesla, and I've had some very bad experiences from dealers. Although 10 days ago I had the seat belt harness replaced, then it just started rattling again.

I was just able to save a good friend of mine big money by talking him out of The Big Fraud that FSD is.
dam… I feel great today

Yeah, they did that for me when there weren't a lot of Teslas in the USA. It's one of the ways they get the first owners in a new place to really like them and talk them up.

Now that every 10th car is a Tesla around here, it's 6 weeks to schedule an appointment and you must go to their location and they have no loaners.

I love that you can see they are gutting FSD and your first assumption is that something awesome must be happening. Just hasn't happened yet. Sounds like FSD in a nutshell.
Amazing how some people keep getting taken.

Reactions: DanCar and 2101Guy
I like the yoke.

With regard to FSD and beta, name nonwithstanding, as a current level 2 system it is best thought of as an extremely advanced driver assist. If you expect it to handle 100% of situations perfectly you’ll be disappointed. But it handles the vast majority of driving just fine. As long as you keep an eye out for janky situations where you know it can struggle, it’s a great enhancement and one of the most advanced and flexible driver assist systems available on a production car. Just set your expectations appropriately, the current software stack is not a door to door autonomous driver that can handle all situations.
I’m happy your still alive after your last test drive. Your posts are funny and enjoyable to read.

In reverse order..
2. I am expecting a big FSD update...they’ve just gutted FSD with EAP and now 2022.20 has traffic light chime on green...so something good must be about to happen 🤷‍♂️🤔🥺
1. I agree👍
3. Wait until you take it at actual service center. Mobile tech does not do most service.
2. Lol…hearing that since 2016.
1. As I said so far…competition will catch up soon.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Weird - how can @gearchruncher and @drtimhill both be in Seattle and have vastly different service experiences? Gear, you claim it was great early on, but now it sucks, and Tim is a fairly recent owner (given both your join dates) and has an excellent experience.

I expected this from people in different areas - California is usually excellent for service, but I've read about people in mid-west towns that are far from service centers and have poor experiences. I didn't expect to read two people from the same city having totally different experiences.

My three experiences with Tesla service:

1. I got an odd alert about BT/Cell antenna not connected. Pinged service on the app, got a quick reply. The next day the alert had gone, so I cancelled the service appt. Got a follow-up from the service Dept checking everything was ok, and saying if it happened again to ping them (it never did).

2. Decided to preemptively replace my 12V battery at 2.5 years. Got a mobile appt 4 days after the request. Technician called up 20 mins before appt to say he was on his way. Arrived on time, changed battery, checked tires for wear (I didn't ask for this, he just did it anyway), and was on his way in 25 mins.

3. Had creaky front suspension. Made an appt to get it looked at, bought car in, they replaced work balls joints on both front wheels (1st needed, 2nd just in case), resealed it all etc. Service was done in 4 hours, picked up car later from service center, had no problems since.

Yes, worst service in the world! Of course, I'm not saying people haven't had bad experiences, or even that I'm typical. But you cannot extrapolate from one bad (or good) example to a general conclusion, certainly not in a forum where people will typically only post when there is a problem with their service.
2016 MS was in service more than any other car I have owned. Basically things broke before car even reached 50K miles (control arms, several headlights because the daylight led yellowing, multiple visits for things that should have been an easy fix like alignment, steering wheel misaligned, bubbles in front bumper at delivery, yellow screen replacements before tesla started rejecting replacement with BS excuses etc.) These so called FSD ready cars don’t even have FSD beta 😂 because Tesla is not replacing the cameras?

2020 MY needed sub frame assembly replacement which took 3 visits and 3 months before Tesla replaced it (first service center returned the car without any fix and just told me that no fix exists, second service center immediately acknowledged issue but didn’t have parts and replaced on 3rd visit. I wasted two full days just to get this issue fixed)

I don’t know what is worst: inconsistency among service centers or the service itself? Sooner or later everyone will experience the ridiculous tesla service. Call yourself lucky if you haven’t…yet.

I'll play devil's advocate - let's assume Tesla FSD fails utterly. Tesla is sued for false advertising, and regulators close down all features (no more AP/NoA/FSD). The company falters and goes bankrupt by the end of 2023. The used-car market for Tesla plumets, and everyone's cars are orphaned (no updates and no service). The Super-Charger network is abandoned, so Tesla owners can't charge there anymore. Everyone who owns TSLA loses their shirts.

What do you do? You have a car that you can't sell without taking a decent loss. You can't charge it except at home or using an adapter at one of the ChargePoint's out there. Do you hold onto it as long as you can? Do you sell it and buy another EV, like the Hyundai Ionic 5?

Reactions: PACEMD
Can someone tell me whats the big deal about traffic light chime? I mean, assuming everyone is paying attention while driving (including while stopped at signs, lights, etc), I’m not understanding the large benefit.
I like not paying attention at a red light. The chime is really helpful for this. Especially the really long ones like a minute that feel like two minutes. Although traffic like chime doesn't always work, so I occasionally have to look up and check.

The company falters and goes bankrupt by the end of 2023. The used-car market for Tesla plumets, and everyone's cars are orphaned (no updates and no service). The Super-Charger network is abandoned, so Tesla owners can't charge there anymore.
Bankruptcy doesn't work this way. You think someone (like Ford) wouldn't pay pennies on the dollar for all the supercharger stations and keep them running? They're worth billions of dollars and you can slap a cable on them and make them CCS capable.

Plus, your whole premise is based on the fact that the only value Tesla has is FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve