Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD is frozen…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd - today the FSD portion of my center screen is frozen. Haven’t seen this before and everything else is working ok, although obv I can’t engage cruise control or FSD.
Anyone seen this happen before?

Attachments

• A0A53DE0-1FF0-4447-AAD5-04514DB981B9.jpeg
    A0A53DE0-1FF0-4447-AAD5-04514DB981B9.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 102
Incorrect. Neither FSD nor AP worked.
Might point to a deeper issue but you can do some more testing to see. Make sure FSD beta is enabled and set a navigation route. While the car is driving reboot the touchscreen by pressing and holding the two scroll wheels simultaneously until the screen turns black.

Note that you won't have any safety warnings, backup camera, turn signal sounds and more while the touchscreen reboots. Car should continue following the navigation route and make all of the stops, turns, etc.

Might point to a deeper issue but you can do some more testing to see. Make sure FSD beta is enabled and set a navigation route. While the car is driving reboot the touchscreen by pressing and holding the two scroll wheels simultaneously until the screen turns black.

Note that you won't have any safety warnings, backup camera, turn signal sounds and more while the touchscreen reboots. Car should continue following the navigation route and make all of the stops, turns, etc.
Appreciate the advice but FSD is buggier than most will admit, there's rarely a drive where I don't have to take control or the car tells me to takeover. The last thing I'm going to do is reboot while using FSD.

I was curious how long the freeze would last without doing a reboot - was about an hour. Odd thing was that only the FSD portion of the screen was frozen.