Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD is Now $7,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The original iPhone cannot do what iPhone 11 can. It is missing hardware.
Likewise, our Tesla's will not have all the hardware needed for what cars in 2025 can.
Paying now for future is not what I am willing to do when it is clear as daylight the technology will be years advanced in several years. The computer problem in earlier Tesla's is a good example.

One reason Elon keeps raising the price on FSD is to collect money for possible future hardware upgrades. It's gonna get a lot more expensive.

Don’t get me wrong. NoA does amazing stuff sometimes. But it’s very much work in progress. I will “play” with it now and then to see it’s progress. But if I want to relax or have a conversation with someone, it needs to be turned off. Because right now it takes more concentration and focus to drive with it on than it does with it off. You just don’t know what it will do sometimes.

It has yet to make it through an exchange from one highway to the next (I’ve had it since it was introduced). It gets over to exit lane to late. And here is why, it’s waiting for a car that is to close (like 2 car lengths behind). It’s waiting for the other car to slow or speed up. NoA does nothing to try to solve this. The other car is letting you in, but NoA says no, you’re to close. Meanwhile the exit is fast approaching. So you either miss the exit or you take over. This happens all the time. Even with a medium amount of traffic. NoA never uses speed (up) to solve a problem. And that is a HUGE problem. To me, that is what NoA is supposed to do !! And it just doesn’t do it. And since it is that dumb it should work it’s way over much sooner so it can wait for other cars to get out of the way. But it thinks it’s a better driver than it is. Then chickens out when someone has to goose it to merge.

It hits ramps to fast. It doesn’t get speeds right on ramps or approaching ramps. It gets uncomfortable where it rides on the ramp.

So NoA is very incomplete and basically vaporware.
Mine had never even attempted to exit the 15s carpool lane into the 163. The map shows an exit to the right, but the car just wants to go straight, and will even tell you to get over to the left. Going the opposite direction it works though. Certainly needs work.

Not necessarily. If you’re in a steady stream of traffic, bumper to bumper, behind a tall semi, the front cameras wouldn’t necessarily pick up the traffic light at any point.

If that ever became an issue it could easily be fixed by the software increasing the follow distance behind tall Semis where needed to see traffic signals soon enough to stop comfortably.

I was on Navigate on Autopilot yesterday on a stretch of freeway I don't often drive. I was in the right lane and the car slowed down in a way I initially thought was unnecessary but it turned out there was an unusually short on-ramp coming up so leaving more follow distance made it easier and safer for cars to merge. I thought that was pretty cool.

I was on Navigate on Autopilot yesterday on a stretch of freeway I don't often drive. I was in the right lane and the car slowed down in a way I initially thought was unnecessary but it turned out there was an unusually short on-ramp coming up so leaving more follow distance made it easier and safer for cars to merge. I thought that was pretty cool.

I xperienced that as well. With slow traffic it left room for other cars to merge. Also with two lanes merging into one it used the "zipper method" for merging as it should. Was really cool to see and I was impressed.

Reactions: SlimJim
So, since I have FSD, did the re-sell value of my car increase by $1k? I hope so!
Resale value of extras is a minefield. In traditional cars they often have no impact on sell on price.

For many (me included, who's sees huge value in lane keeping, adaptive cruise control'), FSD and increased price it may summon, will put them out of the market for the car, with less demand... you know the rest.

It will be interesting to see how much FSD adds to the price of used cars, as a proportion of total price, compared to what it makes up of it now.