Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a preowned 2022 Model S with FSD included. The FSD said it was disabled via too many forced shut downs and will be turned off until the next software update. I just did the latest update and it still says FSD unavailable until next update. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Just got a preowned 2022 Model S with FSD included. The FSD said it was disabled via too many forced shut downs and will be turned off until the next software update. I just did the latest update and it still says FSD unavailable until next update. Any ideas on why this is happening?
FSD beta must be requested which is different from FSD which only requires payment with no request needed.

FSD beta penalizes you for too many forced shutdowns and you just have to wait for an unknown future to restore the privilege.

Reactions: Bobsm3
FSD beta must be requested which is different from FSD which only requires payment with no request needed.

FSD beta penalizes you for too many forced shutdowns and you just have to wait for an unknown future to restore the privilege.
The forced shutdown was from the previous owner prior to me taking the car over. Am I still stuck with the shutdown even though I’m a new owner of the vehicle?

The forced shutdown was from the previous owner prior to me taking the car over. Am I still stuck with the shutdown even though I’m a new owner of the vehicle?
Until recently, FSD Beta would not transfer to a new owner — the new owner had to request the beta and qualify for it. I’m not sure how it’s supposed to work now, but try sending your question to [email protected].

The VIN is blacklisted. Mine had a single black mark that was reset with a software update. If the Beta team will remove the blacklist, you’ll likely need to provide proof of purchase. I’d also talk to your local service center and see if they have a process for this situation.

In hopes that Tesla checks this site, some feedback on strange FSD/NAV actions here in SoCal. Exiting 71N to take a left turn on Soquel Canyon Parkway, the car gets in the proper left lane to make the turn, then violently tries to turn right. The system map suggest that it might not believe the left turn is allowed.

Attachments

• IMG_3796.jpeg
    IMG_3796.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 70